Chapter 6: Mines of Moria...Their fëa...

*underline is Elvish, bold is speaking into the mind and as for fëa i am taking some different parts from different wordings and adding my own stuff. i know elves fëa bond with marriage(read from like 3 different readings)  and they have known each other for a couple months now based on the timeline but i am going to make it my own so do not judge please thank you*

 i know elves fëa bond with marriage(read from like 3 different readings)  and they have known each other for a couple months now based on the timeline but i am going to make it my own so do not judge please thank you*

As they journeyed, Asteria could feel dread in her heart; she knew they were getting closer. Legolas kept a close eye on her, they have not spoken about their kiss their last night in Rivendell; he wanted to talk to her about it in hopes to find out her true feelings but it wasn't the time to speak on it. "Ah, the walls of Moria" Gimli says as he stood in awe; excited to see the home of his kin. "Dwarf doors are invisible when closed" Gimli said.

"Yes, Gimli, their own masters cannot find them if their secrets are forgotten." Gandalf stated touching the flat rock; examining it. "Why doesn't that surprise me?" Legolas said in a low voice enough for Asteria could hear as she chuckled a bit as she took a seat on a rock; bathing in starlight as much as she can as she dreaded going into the mines. Legolas noticed this as he took his place next to her "Are you alright?" he asked in hush tones enough for her to hear as she hummed in response still basking in the light of the moon. Legolas couldn't help but smile at her.

"Well let's see..." Gandalf said as he ran his hands across the stone wall "It mirrors only starlight and moonlight" he looked to the sky as the clouds cleared more showing the moon and allowed it to shine down more. The doors illuminated suddenly, allowing the carvings to be seen. "It reads, the doors of Durin, Lord of Moria. Speak, friend and enter."

"What do you suppose that means?" Merry chimed in. "It's quite simple! If you are a friend, you speak the password, and the doors with open." Gandalf stated bluntly. Gandalf then placed his staff head against the wall and started to speak words in Elvish and other languages. After a few moments, the doors still did not open so Gandalf stopped dumbfounded. "Nothing's happening" Pippin said. Asteria stood up and walked near the doors, reading the doors she thought of 'Speak friend and enter...'

"I once knew every spell in all the tongues of elves, men and orcs." Gandalf replied to Pippin "What are you going to do then?" the young hobbit asked. Gandalf getting frustrated now "Knock your head against these doors, Peregrin Took! And if that does not shatter them and I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, will try to find the opening words!" Gandalf snapped as Asteria moved to put a hand on his shoulder to calm him. "Gandalf, be calm" He looked at her and nodded as he sat and think on how to open the doors. She moved gracefully to Pippin as she placed a hand on his head giving him a kind smile "Be patient little one.." he simply nodded at her.

After a while, Gandalf still cannot find the words to open the doors. Asteria watched as Aragorn and Sam were releasing Bill; their pony. "Mines are no place for a pony, even one so brave as Bill." Aragorn said as Sam pet the pony sweetly almost as if he was losing a close friend. "Bye-bye Bill" Sam said to the pony. "Go on, Bill. Go on." Aragorn said as he placed a hand on Sam's shoulder in comfort "Don't worry Sam, he knows the way home." Asteria could see the sadness in Sam's eyes "Do not fret my dear Sam. He will be safe." Sam's eyes widened from the voice in his mind as he looked at Asteria who was smiling at him giving him a slight nod.