11

Warnings:
-None

Clay's POV

I was at school and had just put some notes in George's locker, telling him that I liked him a lot as my friend. I giggled as I remembered his smile every time when he read them. I wished to someday be able to tell him they were mine.

I was bouncing my leg up and down because I was really happy as I saw George walking up to me. 'Hi, Clay! I just wanted to say that I liked hanging out with you a few days ago. I know I was there for Reman, but I liked being with you. I was just wondering if you would like to come to my place today?'

I smiled brightly and my cheeks heated up immediately. I grabbed his hand with a smile, nodding softly.

'Would you like to?'

I nodded again and giggled. George smiled shyly and sat down next to me. 'Have you ever played Minecraft? I really like to play that, but it's fine if you don't.'

I shook my head shyly and stared down at my hands.

'Would you like to play it?'

I nodded heavily and got so happy that I rested my head on George's shoulder. He ruffled my hair up and pulled me closer to his body.

'I really like to spend time with you, I hope you do too. I also hope you don't find me mean after hanging out with your brother. I don't agree with him at all and I stood up for you.'

I smiled and held his hand tightly.

'Would you like to get some help with English today? And maths?'

I nodded heavily and he smiled. 'Okay, I'll help you.'

The day went by very slowly, but fast at the same time. I couldn't wait to hang out with George after school and texted my mother to tell her I was going to George. She only sent smiling emojis and agreed to it.

I was really happy that George helped me with maths and English today. I didn't do very well, but with his help, I understood it well enough to do an exercise alone with only one small mistake.

I was waiting for George to come to the bench I was sitting on. I was really excited and couldn't wait to hang out with him today. I really loved him as my friend. He was my first friend and I wanted to tell him that.

I grabbed my phone while waiting and opened my notes to write to George.

Helo :) I want to say tat I am verry hapi tat your my freind :) your my first freind becus no one wanted to take te time to get to now me :)

I smiled and waited for George to come. Once he arrived, I handed him my phone and he stood still as he read it.

'Aww, that's so sweet! Thank you so much, Clay. I'm very glad that I'm your friend.'

How do I spel you're neam? Gorge?

George smiled and grabbed my phone, writing his name down.

Butiful neam :)

'Thank you, Clay,' George said with a smile. He reached out to grab my hand. 'Do you want to walk home and leave our bikes at school or do you want to cycle?'

Walk, I want to holt your hand :)

'You're so sweet,' George said as he giggled shyly. He grabbed my hand and I started swinging them, running around a little. George was happy to be able to show his energy and we both ran around. I let go of his hand when I saw a flower and picked it.

I grabbed my phone again and started typing to George.

I piked a flour for you :)

I gave George my flower and he smiled. 'Thank you. That's a beautiful flower, I love it. I will put it in some water as soon as I get home.'

I giggled and jumped up and down as I ran to his place. He opened the door and his mother was sitting on the couch next to a girl who was supposedly his sister.

'Hi,' the girl said with a smile as she stood up.

'This is Clay,' George said with a smile. 'He's my friend.'

I just smiled and George pulled me closer.

'Clay has selective mutism. He can't speak to many people because he shuts down and gets too anxious. He often communicates through text. Do you want to say something through text?'

I nodded and grabbed my phone.

Helo, I'm Clay. I tink you bot look verry sweet and butiful. I'm heer becus George is my freind.

I gave it to his sister and she smiled. 'Hi Clay!'

'Clay has dyslexia,' George said as he saw his mother look weirdly at the text.

She nodded slowly and smiled. 'Nice to meet you. Do you want a drink?'

Watter?

'Of course,' George answered. He grabbed my hand and gently pulled me to the kitchen to grab some water. He put my flower in a cup and smiled at me with a blush. 'Are you comfortable enough to drink it downstairs? Or do you want to go upstairs with me?'

I pointed up and gave George a hug so he knew I was a bit scared. George smiled and hugged me back. 'We will go upstairs, I understand that it's pretty scary to you.'

I smiled shortly and George grabbed himself a drink as he walked to the door, looking at his mother.

'I'm going upstairs with Clay.'

She just mumbled something and we went upstairs. 'My room is quite a mess, I didn't really clean it since I didn't know you were coming. I'm really chaotic, so don't mind it.'

I nodded and we walked into his room. I sat down on his bed and got shy so I curled up into a ball shape. I grabbed my phone.

I like you're room and I'm verry hapi to be heer :)

'I'm really happy you're here too,' George said with a smile. 'I'll show you Minecraft if you want.'

I nodded and sat down next to him to watch.

1048 words