it's just fiction with logic

sth that annoys me when i read a good book, one i like where it is going, is when i check out the comments section and see a plethora of readers unable to enjoy the story bc it's "unrealistic". or reviewers talking about books i know and calling them unrealistic too.

i'll be honest and say i'm guilty of using that word, and will continue to use it when necessary, but what baffles me is when you sit down and think, is actually anything realistic on wattpad? probably rarely. what are your chances to run a rude badboy yourself, dear reader? not as common as for the nerd you read about.

i think a better word i'm gonna use from now on more than "realistic" is "logical" because while it might not happen irl, the logical chain of events in the story can logically lead to certain events. it makes sense. in the end, it's all fiction we read to escape reality. it doesn't have to be so realistic to be enjoyable.

i will still use realistic in certain aspects like when you're writing stories about doctors. this needs a lot of research. it will look messy and unprofessional if you reform the doctor's job solely to fit your plotline. this is my turnoff--when writers use tropes they know close to nth about. research what you're having doubts about, please! it doesn't take that much time, but it'll enhance the story loads in return.

moral:

if you're unable to enjoy a story bc you look for realism, that's fine. just leave it and look for sth more suitable for your taste.

if you're a reviewer of a not-so-realistic story, try to approach it on a logical level. as long as you enjoy it, and many other readers do too, who cares how realistic it is? :)