the goddamn inbox

i've only been on this account for less than three months, yet i had a handful of struggles regarding the inbox.

first and foremost, i wonder why literally anyone can msg me, including creepy middle-aged males. like i said, only been here for 3 months yet a handful of them texted me, and i'm not talking about just one or two. we need a message requesting tab like the one on instagram, or a simple option to disable people i don't follow from texting me. that would be sooo beneficial and protective.

you may wonder why personal messages annoy me a lot to the limit i forced myself to say it in my bio first thing not to pm me. well, considering the creepy people on this site, i prefer for my safety and security that our msgs are only public on my board, which forces the other party to stay civil and not make a wrong move in public.

i'm not exaggerating here. they literally slide in my dms and ask for my freaking whatsapp, which requires my number. they're also pushy about it, requesting my photos to ensure i'm a 'pretty girl' and saying they wanna be friends. well, jokes on you. i'm not a young teen you can fool.

this is purely disturbing. i don't have a massive followers base, and my account is about writing and writing only, yet i still get creepy people texting me. i can only imagine what other girls get in their dms then! this led me to a decision: i will not reply dms from people i don't follow or don't know. i will only converse with my mutuals, friends, and people i am sure aren't creepy. so, save your time and don't pm me until we have at least talked to each other once in public. my msg board and comment sections are out there.

wattpad, please pay attention to this. protect your users. add a block button to this app too. update the outdated inbox that misses texts and doesn't even show emojis. make sure users follow the code of conduct you make us agree on.

it's worth to mention that muting on wattpad isn't like blocking too. a muted user still can check your profile and see your content; you just won't be getting notifications from them. they can't pm, vote, or comment. lighter than blocking.

thank you for taking the time to read my concerns ☺