wattpad is to read & write

ehem.

bigassweirdo has posted an announcement.

"guys, today, I ALMOST HOOKED UP WITH MY CLASSMATE FJSIIFIW HE ALMOST FINGERED ME AND... I LIKED IT!!"

288484 More replies.

bigassweirdo2 omg did it feel good

bigassweirdo3 ahh so cute is he tall and are his fingers veiny

cringy, right?

according to wikipedia, this is wattpad:

"Wattpad is a website and app for writers to publish new user-generated stories. It aims to create social communities around stories for both amateur and established writers."

we don't need to know your daily life and private matters. you don't need to tell us good morning every day (yes, i followed a few people who did that). i don't wanna know anything about your love and séx life. i don't care about story ideas you announce so freaking often but never actually make them into stories. i cannot help you if you have depression and going to kill yourself. don't make all that shiit pop in my notifications. it's not what i signed up for. i can't deal with it, especially if i follow you as a payment for what you once offered me.

wattpad is just to read, write, and anything around these two. we don't care about your personal life. if you have a mental illness, this place is the worst to seek for help as it's full of kids and unprofessionals. it also has some old creepy men who i have no idea how they thought of starting a wattpad account.

guess what too? people date online on wattpad. yes, date, as in roleplay they're kissing or going on a date on their freaking msg boards. i, the damned follower, check out their accounts sometimes and see whenever she jumps in his lap (who i doubt is a guy anyway). oops, annabella unfollowed and reported you for cringe.

*peeps behind the door shyly* hey babe

*grabs your arms and takes you in then kisses you* baby i missed you

like 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

and mind you i saw that shit before covid 😂 people are already emotionally-deprived and covid just worsened it.

moral of the story:

think before you tick the "announce to my followers" button. do we really need to know what you're about to say? do you think it's appropriate, respectful and relevant?

wattpad is for reading and writing, so if at any limit you expect more (like a relationship), you'll find yourself unhappy and dissatisfied. just... no. if you're a straight girl, there are SO little guys on this site to meet. and most of them are fake even-girls disguising as males to gain followers from the thirsty girls lol.

treat people here with the same decency you treat people irl. if you're ashamed or generally not feeling good about anything you do here and won't tell anyone irl about it, then you're probably fcking up and being cringe. don't put yourself in that position. i know many consider wattpad as their go-to distraction to read and write (i do that too), but man don't go too wild, yeah? it's all about enjoying books here.

peace out ✌