Chapter 59

I moved steadily forward till I was but a few steps from Bric Coleman's impressive frame. "Get off my property," I said with a steely determination of my own.

He bent his head down till he was eye to eye with me then said bitingly, " Make me."

"Gladly."

At the sound of another speaking both Bric and I swung to face Nicky who stood there fist clenched and eyes pitched daek and swirling.  There was no mistaking him as anything but a vampire.

Bric's gaze swung back. Cut across to my own. " A vampire?  You're mingling with a dangerous society, "  he murmured softly almost consideringly.  I could see he was reassessing the situation. Tge existence of Vampires maybe still fairly new to people's understanding but it was common knowledge that they were extremely territorial.

I watched as comprehension of this changed situation dawned in Bric's tawny hued eyes.

"What the...?"  He bit out furiously at Mr Staleright. I could tell Mr Staleright failure to keep abreast of situations at my parent's home is going to cost him dearly.  Hopefully it would cost him his job. But either way it didn't matter to me. There was a whole new set of laws and regulations when dealing with vampires and a territory under their claim. There was every chance the mining zone will be revoked and my parent's would be legally permitted to continue residing on this farm.

But either way that was not something that needed immediate attention.  What needed that was Bric Coleman's exit off my land.

"Leave!" I said simply then shrugged as Bric Coleman's furious gaze clashed into me. I didn't care that he was upset. I wanted only to get my breakfast and get on with my day in peace.

" This is not the end of this, " said Mr Coleman before striding back to his car, his pace fast and furious.  Mr Staleright was quick to follow.  I stood there watching as they burnt rubber in high tailing it out of here.

"Thank you, " I said to Nicky,  my eyes still on the vehicle that had yet to fade from my vision.

"Not a problem, " said Nicky also still staring at the wake of the retreating car. Then it was gone and he turned to face me automatically drawing my own gaze back to his.

"I will have to inform Lucian and Damon about this, " said Nicky with a wide grin. I stared at his beaming face with confusion but then recalled that Nicky loved trouble. While this morning had been crazy worry for me it would have been heaps load of fun for Nicky who thrived on danger.

I shook my head at him despairingly then said," Yeah okay, whatever. "

I spun on my heels to trudge back indoors hoping the rest of the day would pan out in the usual case of routine and boredom.

But I should be so lucky.