See you in Planica!

Just as she was sitting down at her computer, she received a new message notification. It was from Peter. Wide smile started appearing on her face caused by his name popping on the screen. She knew that by not contacting him for a longer while she truly f*cked up but she was glad that he still remembered and it took him only half an hour to reply what meant that he was probably still avilable to talk.

Maybe if I'll write back quick enough we can arrange the details of my visit in Planica - She was getting more and more excited.

She slowly moved her cursor to inbox and opened an email from pprevc@aol.97

After reading the second line of his message her brown eyes began to sparkle with tears that she had no control of.

"It's just not what I want anymore" - she kept repeating this sentence over and over again while trying to soothe herself.

What is that you want hmmm - she angirly shouted to herself

"Love, Peter" - how fucking kind of him

Her mind was hazy as she moved to sit at her bed, blinking furiously as she tried to ascertain what just happened. She just got turned down by a guy. What the hell?! It was usually her that would turn boys down and it never happened to her before.

She felt used. But she knew, she wasn't like other girls that would sit on the couch watching movies all day and eating emtpy calories pretending they were depressed because a guy just dumped them. She would have none of that. Besides Peter wasn't even her boyfriend, just a boy she kissed and had a light flirt with. Of course it felt like someone had stabbed her in the back and she wasn't going to pretend that it didn't hurt her but she was raised to be a strong women and she had to learn not to let her gurad down next time.

She rolled over in her bed to check what time it was. It was nearly 8 pm. She still had an hour until the party starts, but was that what she really wanted? Was attending this party her true wish or was she trying to prove something?

Cindy gave herself five minutes to decide whether she still wants to go and in meantime she decided to log into her email box again to delete Peter's contact and check on old messages she haven't yet responded to.

While scrolling down for an infinite number of spam messages, her eyes got caught by the following message title: " Lunch Date, you can't say no it's a pay back" - she was starring at the title totally clueless. Finally she decided to open email that sparked some curiosity within her. To her surprise it was an email from Andreas Wellinger, that saved her the night when she met Peter... also the same night her brother forgot about her existence and prefered to get dunk in some local pub with his new friends. She remembered Andreas very well because he made a really good impression on her, but she was already under Peter's spell and she saw Andi more like a brotherly figure. Especially after all he did for her that night.
She also remembered when he payed for her dinner saying she can thank him later by seeing him again.

She scrolled down to his message.

From: awell.milka@aol.ml
To: cindyburke@aol.21
Where have you been? I hope you remember me ( if not you're in big trouble ) ! :P
You've dissapeared so quickly from our hotel that I forgot to say bye:( Not that I looked for you or anything ;) But you must imagine how shattered I felt finding out you left without goodbye... LOL
Anyway there's a chance you can rehabiliate this... As you know or you maybe don't... IDK

Andreas was a few years younger from Peter and as I belive he was a year younger than me. I could really see a difference between them two. Peter's email was very serious,formal and " thought through" when in comparison Andreas used way too many emoji's, shortcuts and I could see he wasn't really thinking but just writing what was on his mind.

My mood instantly lifted up. I gently wiped the remainings of my mascara from under my eyes that flowed down my face along with tears after seeing Peter's message and I got back to reading message coming from awell.milka@aol.ml

Each year at the end of the winter season, there's this huge ass party to celebrate our victories and achivments during the period of World Cup. The party will take place in two weeks in Planica. I have send you a copy of plane ticket confirmation and reservation of hotel room, where we're all satying, to make sure you'll get there in time ;)
Now...don't ask me what lies I had to tell organisators to get you a ticket to already sold - out competition... let me just warn you that you may want to act as my cousin or something... ( otherwise they wouldn't let you go in :( ) Also big thanks to my cousing Zelma that decided to give up her spot for you ;)

see ya in Planica, Andreas x

I laughed so much. I couldn't believe that he lied saying I'm his cousin. But what started to worry me was that the party was organized for all ski jumpers, what meant I was about to possibly meet up with Peter.

Peter that would most likely attend this with another girl... As far as I didn't want to care, I did.

To: awell.milka@aol.ml
From: cindyburke@aol.21
I'm so glad you wrote to me! I'm very sorry for not saying bye but when my brother arrived to pick me up I couldn't find you anywhere so I just left my email for you at the reception but I thought you didn't get it haha. I would love to go to Planica!!!! But I'm not sure if I'll fit it around my studies :(....

After clicling enter and waiting for around 5 more minutes, I realised I was meant to attend the party but it was already too late so I decided to stay home. I didn't have to wait to long for a message from german ski jumper.

To: cindyburke@aol.21
From: awell.milka@aol.ml
I'm sure you'll figure something out :D You can't just miss this amazing opportunity to meet everyone! See you in planica!

This was it. I am going to Planica. It's all planned. I have two weeks. I didn't want to go but it was all decided for me, it was Peter that didn't want to see me anymore so I will go, enjoy myself and ignore him as long as I can.

After reading the final email from Andreas, she closed it and scrolled further through the spam folder.

She noticed another two messages from peter that he had send month ago.
She debated whether she should open them but in the last minute decided to delete them without opening.

He was the one that asked to delete his number...

Cindy felt motivated to be happy again. She faked she was okay with everything that happened that day but inside her heart was torn apar. Peter Prevc was the first boy, that she ever felt for. She could still perfectly remeber goose bumps that she got under his touch. She could still remember how warm her sking got when he laid his hands on her to gently touched her, when they kissed but now it was not the right time to recall these memories. In two weeks she was meant to join Andreas at the season closure party, will it be worth it ? - she asked herself.