Chapter 5

I was falling asleep,
Slughorn said" So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your Uncle Tiberius these days?"
Cormac said" Yes, sir. In fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the minister of magic over the holidays."
" Well, be sure to give them both my best. What about your uncle, Belby? For those who don't know Marcus' uncle invented the wolfsbane potion. Is he working on anything new?"
Belby said" Don't know. Him and dad don't get on. Probably because me dad says potions are rubbish. Says the only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day."
" What about you, Ms. Granger? What exactly does your family do in the muggle world?"
Hermione said" My parents are dentists." I nearly snorted from holding in a laugh as most just looked confused, most wizards don't care to go into the muggle world enough." They tend to people's teeth."
" Fascinating. And is that considered a dangerous profession?"
" No." Harry and I smiled, now this is entertaining," Although, one boy, Robbie Fenwick, did bite my father once. He needed 10 stitches." The door opened, and Ginny came in,
" Ah. Ms. Weasley. Come in, come in."
Hermione whispered" Look at her eyes. They've been fighting again, her and Dean."
Ginny said" Sorry. I'm not usually late." Harry stood up as she went to sit down, interesting development honestly, she's been crushing on him since she was probably about 10, and he's started to crush on her. Beautiful development, really, I'm never letting these two live this down.
Slughorn said" No matter. You're just in time for dessert, that is, if Belby's left you any." She sat down, Hermione and I were looking at Harry as he sat back down.
He whispered" What?"
Hermione whispered" Nothing."
I whispered" Nothin'." I stuffed my mouth full of the ice cream, ducking down a little in my seat.

Hermione said" You saw it, didn't you?"
I said" Might wanna be a bit more specific, love, saw what?"
" Harry and Ginny."
" Ah, I thought you were talking about Cormac eying you like a piece of meat." She hit my shoulder," I deserve it, but I had to say it. And yes, I noticed Harry and Ginny's love eyes!" She covered my mouth, I laughed," What?"
" Shh!"
" All right, all right. Don't get your hair in a knot. Oh, and I notice your lingering stares to Ronald."
" I do not stare at Ron!" She slapped my chest, I laughed,
" But you do, Hermione." She went to hit me again, I dodged her and ran for the common room," Love ya, Hermione!"
———
Harry hit my hand again as I tried to rip at the sleeves of the quidditch sweater, Ron walked up and sat down.
He said" So how was it, then?"
Hermione said" How was what?"
" Your dinner party?"
" Pretty boring, actually. Though I think Harry enjoyed dessert. Slughorn's having a Christmas do, you know. And we're meant to bring someone."
" I expect you'll be bringing McLaggen. He's in the Slug Club, isn't he?"
" Actually, I was going to ask you."
" Really?" Then Lavender walked up to Ron,
She said" Good luck today, Ron. I know you'll be brilliant." She walked away,
" I'm resigning. After today's match, McLaggen can have my spot."
Harry said" Have it your way. Juice?"
" Sure."
Luna said" Hello, everyone." She was in a lion head hat," You look dreadful, Ron. Is that why you put something in his cup? Is it a tonic?" Harry put the bottle of liquid luck back in his pocket, he didn't, I'd know that!
Hermione said" Liquid luck. Don't drink it, Ron." Ron drank it anyways," You could be expelled for that."
Harry said" I don't know what you're talking about."
Ron said" Come on, Harry. We've got a game to win." I smiled as they stood up, I stood up and followed them, smirking, Harry can be tricky sometimes. But, bloody hell, this is a good trick, Ron'll freak if he ever finds out the truth.

Ron was catching every quaffle that went towards the posts. We were winning, as Ginny got us another point.

We were in the common room, everyone was cheering Weasley.
Hermione said" You really shouldn't have done it."
Harry said" I know. I suppose I could have just used the confundus charm." We looked at her,
" That was different. That was tryouts. This was an actual game." Harry showed her the full bottle of liquid luck," You didn't put it in." He put it away again, I smiled," Ron only thought you did." Harry nodded, smiling, then Lavender snogged Ron, everyone cheered. Hermione walked away, I looked at Harry then we went after her.

We found her, she was crying,
She said" Charms spell. I'm just practicing."
Harry said" Well, they're really good." He sat next to her, I leaned against the wall,
" How does it feel, Harry... when you see Dean with Ginny?"
" Oh, um-"
" I know. I see the way you look at her. You're my best friend." Then I saw Lavender and Ron, Lavender was giggling, gross. I crouched down behind Harry and Hermione,
Lavender said" Oops. I think this room's taken."
Ron said" What's with the birds?" Hermione stood,
She said" Oppugno." The birds chased him then ran into a wall, he walked away, she cried and sat back down, crying against Harry's shoulder.
Harry said" It feels like this."