C H A P T E R 3: Have We Met Before?

"Are You Sure We Haven't Met Before"
-Jhene Aiko

Janiá
Tossing and turning, I kept getting visions of my childhood. Hearing myself laugh. I see this little boy 3 years old. Making silly faces , to cheer my up because i dropped my ice cream. It was raining until i laughed the it mixed with sunshine and created a rainbow. I woke up with a smile on my face. Turning over to see Nathan snoring a little. I blew on his face ,He frowned.
"Nathan", I said blowing on his face again. He frowned.
I blew one more on his face. He woke up with semi green hazel eyes.
"Nini ! Why you do that?" He said.
"Do what?" ,I acted clueless. "Nothing", He said. I laughed and went to do my morning hygiene. He dragged in the bathroom and did the same. "Nathaniel Cater ! IF YOU DONT HURRY UP WE DONT HAVE ALL MORNING.", I yelled to him.
"Janiá stop yelling its not even a school morning." , He said.
"I know we just have a lot to do today", i said. "Like what", He wrapped his arms around me. "Well for starters me going to see my brother , and then going out to eat and having fun", I said looking up at him. "Okay Sounds like a plan", he kissed my cheek. I started walking to my side of the closet getting dressed. Glad I unpacked yesterday. Nathan's phone started beeping and buzzing. He answered it and his face turn sad and depressed . He grabbed my hand and we ran and jumped his car.

Nathan
After i kissed Nia's cheek and she went to get dressed. My phone started going crazy i was getting text messages. I was getting calls back to back. It was my baby mama Keshia. She was shouting into the phone. The only thing i heard was that my baby girl Léilani was hurt. Bruised black and blue. I was so upset. I was livid and depressed hoping that my baby is okay. I grabbed Niá and headed towards my car. In Five minutes flat we made it to the hospital. Niá and I rushed in the hospital. I see Keshia sitting there with a smirk on her face. I look over to Niá her eyes are black. "Keshia were is Lani" , I said. She just started clapping her hands this bitch crazy. Leilani was suppose to be with my moms till i got her room together at my place finished, which got done yesterday. "She's with the one person that bitch over there miss", Keshia said. "The fuck are you talking about ", I said through clenched teeth."You got an hour to find out where she is before she's dead. Your precious babygirl is beat up in the one place Janiá treasures the most", Keshia said. I broke down thats my life line she playing with. Next thing I know I see Janiá attack Keshia.

Janiá
I hate this bitch with a passion. I ran up to her i punched her ass straight in the face. I dragged her across that hospital floor. I gave her a busted lip. A black eye. Im pretty sure a bruised rib too. From kicking that bitch so much. Nathan grabbed me and headed towards the car. I asked to drive he threw me the keys. When we sat in the car his face was red he had been crying. I knew exactly what that bitch Keshia was talking about. She a bluffer , I remember her from when she tried to turn my brother against Nathan. They Had to Strong of a Bond to let a thot come between them. Léilani was the only good thing that came from her.
Once we got to my brother's grave site. What i knew all along there was Lani sitting there crying her heart out. i picked her up and she touched my face, and remembered who I was. She started giggling and cheesing.

Nathan
I was so shocked at everything happening. How does she know my daughter. I was friends with her brother , but she was never around me like that or was she. When she came back to the car she cleaned up Lani with a towel and a first aid kit she found in the trunk. Niá's eyes were a neutral brown. She must be at peace with something. "Jania", I spoke up. She turned her head towards me. "How'd you know she'd be here"?, I said. "Cause i treasure him so much. My Brother was my heart i was all alone before i met him. No where to go except that shitty ass foster home. He took me under his wing. Cared for me got me back in school. Im doing good.", She said tears started to fall down her face. I got this vision of me making silly faces to make this girl stop crying. I opened my eyes to see that little girl was Janiá. So we have met before way before i knew her brother. "Niá give me your hands", She gave me her hands. We both closed our eyes. The wind Started to blow. The rain let up, and it was a rainbow. I saw us playing with our toys having a good time. She stayed next door. This pretty little girl with big bouncy curls. She started crying when this man walked in. i made all these silly faces. She stopped crying , and giggled. I gave her a hug , and told her everything would be okay. That was the last time i seen her until. I met Rico. We both opened our eyes. She hugged me tight and giggled just like the little girl in our vision. "Stranger I meet you everyday",she said in my ear. I laughed , "Yes You Do". Lani reached our for Niá. She picked her up and kissed he all over her face. "Rico!", Lani
Said. Niá And i was confused we turned around and saw nothing but felt something. Nia smiled and took Lani to the window. She put they're hands on the window. Lani smiled and fell back onto Niá's lap. Nia put her in her carseat. We drove back to the condo. It can only get better from here i thought to myself.