Chapter 7

Our Moment Meant Nothing

~ Annies Perspective ~

Johnnys a dick, I already knew that when I first agreed to come to this mansion, but right now it was different. We were starring into each others eyes, silently. He wasn't checking me out this time or looking at my body, he was looking into my eyes.

I felt butterflies in my stomach, I could feel my palm slowly starting to sweat, and my heart beating faster. I snapped out of it the second he started to clear his throat "you waiting for something or—?"

I looked away from him as I felt my palms starting to sweat even more "no I— never mind" I muttered walking out of his office with Hope still in my arms. I don't get why she's so attached to Johnny. Some days she scared of him and others, she constantly wants to be with him.

I wanted to do anything other then think about the small moment me and Johnny had, but every little thing I do, or look at reminds me of him, making it difficult to just get him out of my head. I put Hope to bed for a small nap after feeding her lunch. On my way downstairs I felt arms wrap around me

"You trying to get that?" The voice questioned, giving me a hand by reaching for it. I turned around, pulling away from his warm, strong arms and making eye contact with Johnny. "What are you doing" I questioned on why he was so close. Although, I wasn't complaining, just confused.

"Helping you" he replied taking a step back from me. I felt my lips slowly smiling until I see Lauren and Carson making out. The little smile I had faded away as my attention left Johnny and went to Carson. "Hello??" Johnny said waving his hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I glanced at Carson one more time before walking past Johnny on my way back up to my room. I didn't enjoy Carson treating another girl like he use to treat me, but he was happy and the least I can do was be happy for him.

"Mama" Hope said jumping out of bed with a huge smile. I chuckle while picking her up and putting her back on the bed "yes baby" I responded as I opened my small chips bag.

She didn't reply back so I glanced up at her with sad eyes "what happened princess" I questioned leaving my child back and laying her head on my chest "I want TV" she said as I sighed. Getting Hope to sleep was the hardest thing and right now I didn't have the urge convince her to sleep so I switched on the TV.

"She should not be watching TV. What the fuck is this?" Johnny said walking into my room and looking at the TV— like it was his first time seeing a cartoon. "It's for kids, and don't swear in front of her!" I shouted, trying to stay in a calm tone. Hopes full attention was on the TV, I don't think she noticed Johnny walked in.

"She shouldn't be watching this!" Johnny argued again. This time snatching the remote from me and shutting it off. "Heyyyy!!!" Hope shouted with sad eyes as she looked over at Johnny. "Why don't I teach you how to throw a knife" Johnny says putting the remote down.

"She's two!!" I shouted even louder this time. Apparently it was louder than I thought considering that Carson and Lauren both walked into the room. "What's going on" Lauren asked with a few hickeys on her neck. I took a deep breath "Johnnys wants to teach Hope how to throw a knife" I say trying to sound as calm as I can.

"She's two!" Carson yelled looking over at him. "That's what I said!" I say while Johnny rolled his eyes. "Whatever, in just trying to make her strong" he muttered glaring at us and walking out. All Johnny cares about is making her strong, but I don't want her to end up anything like Johnny. There's a difference between being strong and heartless, but to johnny they're the same thing.

"Can I carry her" Lauren asked looking down at Hope "sure...." I mumbled getting out of bed, allowing Lauren pick her up as she laughed.

~ Johnnys Perspective ~

It's obvious Annie still has feelings for Carson, but what annoys me is that Carson would make a better dad than me in her eyes. I'm scared Hope will just leave me like everyone else. I want her to be like me so she understands the pain I feel, and why I can't always be there for her in the way she wants me too.

I've never had a childhood, I don't even know what to say to my own daughter, except teaching her the mafia world. My thoughts were cut off by hearing a knock on the door

"Come in" I muttered still looking down at my black wooden desk. "You haven't called"

I looked up to see a average size blonde girl in her black sweat pants and white bra on. I could see the hoodie she was wearing over it in her hands. "I've just been busy" I say staring at her chest while she started to walk over to me.

"You know I could always help you with this" she replied back as she took a seat on my lap. I bit my bottom lip as I wrapped one of my arms around her waist while the other was still placed on my desk with a pen in it.

Valorie's dad was a mafia leader that I had worked with in my starting years, but as I grew stronger, he got weaker and ended up back stabbing me. However me and Valorie still stayed in contact, she was the only person who got me considering she grew up in the mafia world like I had.

"Why don't you help me with something else" I commented connecting my lips onto hers. I hear her giggle as she started to kiss me back. Before we could start making out someone had walked in, making me and Valorie pull away.

"Oh sorry— I"

I looked at the door watching Annie stutter. I started to get inpatient "you what?!" I yelled snapping at her because she was ruining my moment with Valorie. I watched her open her mouth to speak again, except this time nothing came out. She just closed the door and the sound of her foot steps faded away slowly.

"You don't have to be such a dick you know" Valorie said holding in her chuckle. I rolled my eyes at Annie walking away and turned my attention back to Valorie "what if I wanna be" I said teasingly as our lips connected once again.

Until she had pulled away, making my groan "I just stopped by to say hi, not to have sex" she said getting off my lap. I rolled my eyes trying to pull her back in "Noooo" I whined making her chuckle "I'm serious! Maybe another day, I have to go before my dad gets pissed" she says giving me one last kiss before running off.

I like acting like Valories my girlfriend, she's the only girl that'll ever true understand me. I took a deep breath before getting up from my seat.

I locked my office and went towards the kitchen where I saw Jayden, Conner, Lauren, Hope and Carson. Lauren and Carson were playing around with Hope while Jayden and Conner were on there phones. "wasn't Annie just here" I questioned as I grabbed a beer bottle from the fridge "she went for a walk" Carson replied back as he turned back to Hope "of course you'd know" I muttered in annoyance