Chapter 5

It's now been a week since Pearce was summoned in my room. And hiding him in the house was sort of a struggle. I had to keep having him sit in the closet for long periods of time and coming out only when we were sure everyone was asleep. It was now three o'clock in the morning and the both of us were still awake, sitting on the floor across from each other. "So, I got in contact with my mom." He stated, illuminating the room with his phone's flashlight. "Really? What'd she say?" I asked quietly. Part of me was hoping he would be able to get home safely. But the other part...

"She said she has to get some money together before she can come to Miami. So I think I should be with her by next Wednesday." He responded with a smile. Today was Tuesday. "That's awesome. And again, I'm sorry for summoning you like you were a demon or something." I pulled my covers over me and wrapped myself in it. "It's fine. Although I was scared and upset, I have to admit: being here with you made this situation better." He laid back on his makeshift bed then looked over at me. Something about him that made my heart do cartwheels. The feeling that I felt in that moment was rushing all through my body. Maybe it was because it was dark. Maybe it was because he was my 'celebrity crush'. But whatever it was, I never wanted it to end.