8

~~~~Kane~~~~~

The ride back to her place was incredible. Her body against mine, the trust to move and lean with me as I drove. Her little hands gripping my shirt and cut tightly. I never want Juniper to let go. I pulled us to a stop in front of her driveway. Juniper got off, her little hands holding firmly to my shoulders for balance.  We took off our helmets, finally able to look at each other again. Unable to resist I brushed my knuckles along her cheek her soft skin feeling sensual to touch, reaching behind her head my fingers played with her hair where I rested my palm against the base of her skull gently holding, her in place.

"I had a great time today angel." I kissed her, feather light on the cheek. "Wish we had more time."

she had her hands together in front of her holding the helmet looking cute and shy. This woman is so hot and adorable, a combination I'd never seen before but now can't get enough of. She twisted slightly at the waist, swaying in my hold and pointed at the door. "You could stay for dinner. I've got a casserole in the oven. That should be ready soon."

My heart stuttered. She was inviting me into her home. To have dinner she cooked. With her family. Her kid. That sounds like a really big step to me. That should terrify me. But it doesn't. I'm excited.

"You sure? I don't want to impose."

"You wouldn't be imposing. Junior really liked you. And it'd be nice for him to talk someone else's ear off for a change." I laughed at her mischiveous smile, it's a heart melting smile. That kid is a serious talker to. The only time he stopped talking at the fair was while eating, but he's funny and cute. Just like his sister.

"I'd love to stay then." She beamed, a beautiful bright smile that rivaled the sun. And I put it there, that realization made me proud. Wanting to find ways to keep her smiling like that. What in the world is this girl doing to me?

Taking my hand Juniper hurried me off the bike and up the driveway. I could hear piano music as she opened the door.

As Juniper sat her keys and phone on the entry table, pulling off her jacket I looked around. It's a big house with a dinning room to one side of the entry and office to the other. A big, cozy open kitchen and living room. The kitchen cabinets were white and the walls a light blue. A breakfast knock with cushioned benches sat against the back wall made entirely of french doors. All open looking to the large patio with seating, a built in grill, and tv. A true Texas backyard. The rest of the large yard was all uniquely Juniper a beautiful organized jungle esc garden scape. Tall sunflowers, trellises, and flowering bushes creating a maze of walls you could get lost in.

Leading me into the room we spoted Junior and an older lady at a piano on the wall next to the stairs playing a baby grand.

I was shocked by the place. driving into this neighborhood I knew it was a nice area. But Juniper had said it was her grandparents, and her grandfather had built the home himself back when it was much cheaper to do so. Looking around you could tell everything in her is nice, higher name brand furniture and items. She'd mentioned that since her grandfather retired from the construction business thirty years ago only the flower shop had supported her family. Who knew plants could be so profitable!

The woman's gaze looked up from the piano, snapping past Juniper and snapping to me. Her eyes locking onto my cut. She paled, but tried to not show any reaction, any fear. I respected that.

"Juniper, who's this."

The piano music stopped as Junior turned around. "Kane." A wide grin spread across his face as he sprinted toward me. Surprising me as he wrapped his little arms around my legs. I laughed slightly in shock. "Hey little man."

Juniper smiled as she gestured to me. "This is Kane, my date. Kane, this is Mrs. Hayward. Our good family friend and piano teacher."

I nodded at the straight backed woman, "Nice to meet you."

"You too." She gathered her purse and music sheets. Whispering something to Juniper as they headed to the doors.

I missed whatever the conversation that made my angel's sweet smile faulter because Junior was excitedly dragging me to the couch. "You wanna play smash bros with me? Juniper's really bad at it so it's no fun with her."

"Sure you want to play? I heard it's dinner time." Not just heard, but smelled. The house smelled divine with whatever tomato and chicken perfection Juniper has going in the oven. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a home cooked meal. Most of us at the compound are decent at cooking, but we can't make anything that makes me mouth water like this.

The door closed and Juniper walked back into the room. "Okay, who wants dinner?"

If I wasn't convinced about wanting to keep this woman around before, I sure am now after having her cooking. I'd never thought about having a family before. Just me, my bike, and my brothers that's all I need.

But looking down at the couch now, Juniper curled up into my side half asleep with Junior curled into her side snoring slightly I smiled, running my hand over her soft blonde braids. I've never been happier, more at peace than this moment right here. Having spent time with my beautiful woman, had dinner with her family, helped wash the dishes afterward, then curled up on the couch together to watch a freaking marvel movie.

How absolutely normal. And boring. Everything I've spent my life avoiding, yet I've loved every second of it. What is this little lady doing to me?!?

The brothers would never let it go if they saw how totally whipped I am right now. Speaking of the club. I looked at the clock on the stove. 8:32. I'm late! Red is going to murder me. Sitting up carefully I roused Juniper. "Angel, I've got to go."

She rubbed her eyes looking at the clock. Freaking adorable. "What? Now?" Her voice was quiet and low, probably trying not to wake Junior. But man I found it very attractive, all I wanted was to take her lips in mine.

She was making it real hard to leave and go do what I have to. "Yeah Angel, club business." I stood untangling myself from her and her warmth.

Juniper frowned, Pulling the blanket on her lap around her shoulders. Guess she missed my warmth too, I smiled feeling proud.

"Is it dangerous?"

I didn't answer that, not wanting her to worry. Kissing her on the crown of her head I headed to the door. "You come back to me." At the sternous of her voice I stopped and turned back to her. "Whatever it is your doing Kane you make sure you come back to me."

I'd never seen her so serious before, so strong. And it is so freaking sexy. Maybe she is ready to be a shieldmaiden. "Yes ma'am. I'll always come back to you my angel." Then I left not looking back. Every step I made to my bike was a struggle. Two parts of me battling themselves. One part of me yearning to be riding with my brothers to fight beside them. The other wanting to hold Juniper in my arms and never leave that cozy home of hers again.