7

A pile of clothes lays in front of my closet as I stand in front of my big mirror leaning against the wall. I'd put my tightest high waisted jeans on and picked out a brown suede leather jacket but couldn't decide on a top. So I did my hair trying to decide. Two tight dutch braids halfway down my back.

I put on a few more tops but still felt like nothing was right. So I did my makeup. The usual mascara got dolled up with a little powder foundation and light glitter eyeshadow on the inner corners of my eyes.

Now I stood with all my tops on the floor and a tight tiffany blue baby doll tee on. With my white tennis shoes I almost never wear it's a really cute and good looking outfit. But I can't decide if it's too much. A covering but skin tight outfit might be to much if I'm gonna be clinging into Kane's back on his bike. Maybe a baggy, thick hoodie would be a better idea. A very thick hoodie.

I went back to the closet, looking for that thick hoodie when the doorbell rang. Darn it. I took to long. Grabbing my lip gloss and cell phone I ran down the stairs.

Junior was in the living room at the tv, "Off the games Junior. It's piano time."

I practically skid to a stop in front of the door. I pull it open to find not Kane. "Mrs. Hayward, hello." She's Junior's piano teacher and mom's good friend from church.

"Hi Juniper. How are you doing?" She greeted coming in and taking off her jacket.

"I'm good. Great actually." I clasped my hands together as she raised a brow at me. Mrs. Hayward has known me since I was little, and has a knack for knowing when I want something.

"Actually I was hoping you and Junior would be okay on your own today."

"Oh, have plans do you?"

"Yes. A date actually."

She smiled. "That's wonderful dear. We'll be fine, you go have the fun you deserve."

"Thanks Mrs. Hayward."

Junior came up to us carrying his music book. "Hello Mrs. Hayward."

"Hello Junior, ready to show me how your practice is going?"

He frowned. "Sure." We laughed at that. Junior doesn't always enjoy piano practice. But it was important to mom that we both learn. I didn't like it either as a kid but now I'm grateful for the skill, so I make him continue the practice. It's the one thing I do that we fight over.

As they head to the baby grand in the corner of the living room I use the mirror over the side table at the entry to put on the sparkly pink lip gloss.

Right as I finish I hear the rumblings of a motorcycle. I feel those butterflies again. And say quick good byes throwing on my jacket before heading out the door. As I close the door Kane pulls up to the driveway.

He pushes up the visor on his helmet and I'm meet with those handsome brown eyes. He smiles as I hurry to him not being able to help the signs excitement I feel at seeing him after so many days unsure if he'd even ask me out again.

"Hey angel."

"Hey."

He reaches out for my hand, still on the bike, and I meet his hand halfway.

"Ever been on a motorcycle before?"

I shake my head. My hand in his felt so good, so right. "No."

"Hold on tight, lean with me when I do, and keep your legs from touching the pipes."

I nod, it's simple enough instructions. "Okay. Where are we going?"

"Just for a ride I want to show you something."