1

Spitting toothpaste into the porcelain sink I turned the water on. Rinsing it down. Running my hands up my soft hair I took a moment to look into the mirror. My pale complexion looked nice and healthy thanks to the soft pink blush I'd tapped onto my checks.

Round green eyes stood out thanks to the mascara on my long eyelashes. Blush, mascara, and lipgloss were all I had time for these past few months. Luckily my previous years of time and money invested into complex skincare routines had paid off, and I felt confident without anything else.

Using a hair tie and two bobbie pins I sweep my hair into a large bun. Smiling to myself at my appearance. People had always joked I look like tinkerbell due to my small stature, pixie like bone structure and dirty blonde hair.

Today's choice of a silky green tank top and circular bun made me admit the resemblance. Checking the time on my phone I hurried out of my room. No time to change now, tinkerbell it is.

"Junior time to go." I called up the stairs as I hurried to grab my shoes. Slipping on the grey vans I watched as my blonde little boy hurried down the stairs in a Captain America t-shirt. I have to wash that one twice a week he loves it so much.

"Can you grab my lunch bag for me?" Nodding he hurried over to the fridge to find the purple bag.

"Am I going to Riley's today?"

I nod grabbing my purse and car keys from the side table. "Yup. You two get to play all day while I'm working."

Junior ran over with my lunch and put his shoes on in record time, excited to see his best friend.

~~~

Placing a bunch of sunflowers into the display vase I looked around the shop sighing. This little shop is my haven. The florist shop was opened by my grandmother selling cuttings from her and her friends cutting gardens. My mother inherited it adding her homemade medicinal teas to our inventory.  Then I did inherited it, adding my floral bath soaks to our shelves, keeping the young Californians coming into our humble shop.

I grew up in this tranquil little shop on our town's historic main street and adore it. Hopefully my kids will too.

The obnoxious sound of motorcycles on the street outside had me rolling my eyes as I walked back behind the counter. Motorcycle sounds wasn't anything new on our main roads. Sitting on the stool I was about to check our online orders for deliveries today when the door bell chimed.

"Welcome to Rose's Cuttings. " I automatically greeted with a smile looking up. "Let me know if-" I chocked on the words as I spotted who'd just walked in. "If you need any help." I forced the words out, admittedly with less cheer.

The two men looked sorely out of place in my delicate little shop, one of them smirking at my reaction. He was tall, lean, yet insanely ripped. Swirling tattoos covered his arms and chest. Messy black hair matched a beard and dark eyes. He screamed dark dangerous, sex on legs, exactly the type of guy every mother warns their daughters about. His companion was equally as imposing in build.

Beautiful brown hair pulled into a messy bun at the back of his head. Light brown eyes found mine, causing my stomach to flip. He has a gorgeous long blonde beard. Hes' tall, ducking pastt the bell that hangs over the door. With a the broadest, sexiest chest and shoulders I've ever seen.

 Hot. These two could be described as nothing less but that's not what made me stumble.

It was the leather vests that hung from their shoulders. Covered in patches one of which caused a shot of fear to course through me 'Dullahan' The Headless Riders. From the stories my grandfather had told the town's motorcycle club with illegal ties had earned that name back when they first put down roots here. More than a few decapitated- sometimes even burnt- bodies appeared in the town square or our cities' borders. A clear marking of territory.