Adventure

"Come daryl." Beth said cheerfully as she tugged his hand in the direction of a tall tree. Beth plopped herself down and leaned on the bark. Daryl signed before taking a seat beside her. Its was silent for a while before beth leaned into him. "Did you miss me?." She asked quietly and daryl looked down at her. "Course i missed ya, course i did." He said and beth smiled before pecking his lips and pushing herself onto his lap.

Daryl rested his chin on her head and held onto her waist. He prayed for days like this where he could hold her like so and it would be as natural as breathing. "I missed you too darlin'." She said softy. There was a long, comfortable silence, all they really wanted was to be in each other's company. "Do you think its safe here?." Beth asked as she pushed her hair out of her eyes. Daryl was silent for a moment before grunting and fiddling with the grass. "Its our best bet so far.." He mumbled. The wind softly blew Beth's hair in front of her eyes, slightly screening her vision.

Beth cuddled closer to him and let out a sigh. "I don't think anyone will approve of us bethy.." He said softly playing with her hair. Beth turned herself around to look him in the eyes. "Why should they even care? Its the end of the world, the last of their worries is the age gap here."

"But wouldn't Maggie be mad? How about your father?.. If he knew he wouldn't approve ..." Beth placed her hand on the side of his cheek and flashed him a smile that melted his heart. "Its not Maggie's decision, its not my dads either. Like I said, rules don't apply no more."

"Well, well, well, whats going on here?." Beth nearly jumped out of her skin as she looked into the eyes of none other then Jessie. "Aren't you a little old for her daryl?." She said as she slowly approached them. "Whats it to you?." He spat and she let out a cold laugh. "Inside the walls of Alexandria, the rules still apply." She looked coldly at beth then daryl. "Watch your step."

Daryl reached for his knife but beth stopped him. "No," he looked up at her. "We're better then this." Daryl sighed and dropped his hands to his side. "I told you if wasn't okay." He said moving away from her and she frowned. "Jessie's had it in for me since day one daryl, don't worry." She rested her hand on his shoulder and he flinched. Beth sighed before shifting uncomfortably.

What now? She thought.