Chapter 10

As we walked round, I felt myself slowly getting more and more guilty. They could start a war because of what they did to save me.

"Mor, I need to tell Feyre and Rhys about Spring, he's more powerful than you know," I blurted over lunch.

"What do you mean?" She asked, looking worried.

"Tamlin, I wasn't the only secret he was keeping. He drafted every male over the age of maturity into his armies. He didn't bother trying to regain their trust, those who did trust him he put on the border to stop people escaping as he set up the guise of rebuilding." I told her, tears slipping down my cheeks.

"We need to go tell Feyre and Rhys," Mor said, grabbing my hand and winnowing us away.

"Mor!" Feyre exclaimed as we landed.

I fell against the wall, causing me to hiss.

"Cauldron, I'm so sorry Odette," Mor said, helping me regain my balance.

"It's fine, really, and we rudely interrupted your lunch because I told Mor some things about Spring and you need to know as well," I told them, feeling bad that we interrupted their lunch together.

"He hasn't spent the past nineteen years rebuilding, well, he has but not in the way you think. Cauldron I'm so bad at this," I sighed.

"Take your time," Feyre told me gently, sitting down on a sofa and pulling me with her.

"He drafted every male over the age of maturity into his army and closed his borders to prevent people escaping, women and children are kept in villages far from the training camps, so families are ripped apart. The manor is between the two so the only way to see your family is by behaving. I've seen so many people trying to pass the manor in an attempt to get to their loved ones, they are always killed, then their families are taken to the training camps and executed to make an example, innocent children, babies, slaughtered," I was sobbing now, I had seen so many people die.

Feyre held me as I cried, being careful not to hurt me further.

"I don't want you being thrown into a war because of me," I sobbed.

"We won't be, it will be ok," Feyre told me, trying to comfort me.

"If he demands me back to stop the war I will go, you should never have to go to war again, any of you," I said, shaking in Feyre's arms.

"No way in hell are you going back there, do you understand?" Mor growled at me.

I mutely nodded, even though I knew I would end up back in that tower again.

I ate dinner with them that evening, the mood more sombre than normal after what I has confessed about my court, was it still my court?

"I'm going to write to our allies and ask for a meeting," Rhys said at the end of the dinner.

"Everyone but Autumn and Spring, right?" I asked, frowning a little.

"Yes, although Thesan is technically neutral as a solar court he will join us." Rhys explained, I nodded.

"We can either hold it in the House of Wind or the Moonstone palace," Feyre said, looking at everyone.

I thought back to my books, everything I learnt, while they argued about the best venue.

"You should hold it at the House of Wind," I interrupted, all of them giving me a surprised look.

"Why?" Rhys asked me.

"You are asking your allies to come and help you with Tamlin, if you holding it the moonstone palace it will say to the other High Lords that you don't trust them enough to come to Velaris, which is bad for you, the House of Wind is also more relaxed, you don't want the others to feel like they are being pressured into helping you, you want them to listen to you in an open environment," I explained.

"How do you know all of this?" Mor asked, surprised.

"I had a lot of free time, I either drew or learnt stuff about the world outside my room," I told her with a shrug.

"She is right Rhys," Feyre said, smiling at me.

"Fine, you win, the House of Wind it is," Rhys sighed, standing and leading Feyre out.

"Come on Odette, you need to rest, you're still healing," Mor told me, leading me back to my room.

"Mor, could I ask you something?" I asked, she stopped at the door, turning back.

"Sure," she said, coming to sit next to me.

"Do you like females?" I asked quietly.

She looked at me in shock.

"How, how did you?" She stammered.

I took her hand to stop her talking before I replied.

"When you showed me Velaris I caught the looks to stole towards the females around, I guess I just wanted to know how you knew," I admitted quietly.

"I knew from a young age, not just because the thought of marrying someone for my father's gain sickened me but also because I couldn't find it in my heart to be attracted to them, I like the female body more, found it more appealing." She explained.

"I think I might be the same," I whispered.

"There is nothing wrong with that Odette, no matter what anyone says you are allowed to love whoever you want to." She told me, taking my hands in hers, I gave her a weak smile in return.

"Go to sleep, we have a lot of planning to do tomorrow, and you need all of your strength," she told me, squeezing my hand before leaving me to my thoughts.

I liked Mor, I realised that today as she took me around Velaris, and now I wasn't sure what to do about it.