Chapter 5

-Mor's POV-

One second Odette was talking to us the next her middle seemed to rip itself open.

She screamed as she fell to her knees, a hand pressed to her middle. All of us were frozen in place, unsure of what to do.

"Help," she whispered

"That is what was in me," Az said in surprise, just before she fell.

I moved without thinking, catching her, and holding her in my lap. I pressed my hand to her middle, hissing as I felt small sparks of pain but that was nothing compared to what she was feeling.

Thesan knelt in front of me and lifted his glowing hands. He looked surprised.

"She has pieces of Faebane rock in her, we need to get it all out or she will die. Rhysand, you need to knock her out." he said, not looking up.

Odette looked panicked, I held her closer.

"It's ok, you are going to be ok," I whispered as her eyes closed, I just hoped that was true.

The other High Lords left as I lay her flat, I didn't know why but I felt as if I needed to help Thesan.

He produced a small knife and began to cut the fae bane rocks out of her body. I helped him, I could feel the rocks as well and the quicker we got it all out of her body the more likely she would survive.

Each cut I made caused me to hate myself a little more. I knew Rhys was keeping her unconscious, and that she wasn't feeling the pain, but I still felt bad.

It took us about ten minutes to get every shard out and when we did Thesan made quick work of closing every cut in her body, he also healed her bruised cheek and neck.

"She seems the most comfortable around you Morrigan, take her back to the Night Court and don't hesitate to call if she worsens." Thesan told me.

"Thank you," Feyre said, I didn't look up, holding her close to me as I landed in the manor.

Everyone appeared around me as I stood, lifting Odette into my arms.

"Put her in one of the spare rooms, I am going to keep her asleep another day then I will let her wake, her body needs to rest," Rhys told me, and I nodded, walking up the stairs.

"What did you mean by 'That is what was in me Az'?" I asked as I sat with my family.

"The bolt Hybern put in my chest had that little ball of poison, designed to explode if it was removed without being disarmed. According to my shadows the same thing was in her middle, except with fae bane, not poison, it must have been there for a long time." He said, frowning the whole time.

"But that means Tamlin put it in her, as a way to kill her if he needed to." Feyre said, sounding like she was either going to be sick or pass out.

I let out a snarl then went back up to her room, not leaving her side until she awoke.

-Odette's POV-

My entire body ached, I had no idea why, but it did. I sat up and hissed through my teeth.

"Easy, no moving," a soft voice said, and I looked for the source of it.

Mor was walking towards me, nothing but concern on her face.

"What happened, I remember the blood, and Thesan saying something about Faebane but other than that I can't remember a single thing." I said, frowning slightly.

"Thesan got all of the shards of Faebane out and healed your wounds, we brought you back here, you have been asleep for a whole day, that brings us too now." She quickly summed up.

"I am fully aware that I sound like an idiot but what is faebane, how was it in me and why did my middle seemingly explode?" I asked.

Faebane is a rock found in Hybern is disables a fae's magic and healing powers, similar to ash, it was in a small magic ball that was designed to explode when activated, that is why your middle exploded, the ball was activated sending out shards of stone in every direction, it must have been pretty close to the surface." She told me.

I couldn't stop the tears that ran down my cheeks, it must have been my father. Mor pulled me against her and held me close.

"Come on, Feyre gave me some clothes for you, they are all waiting downstairs." She said with a slight smile.

She had to help me dress because every time I moved pain radiated through my middle. I kept trying to tell her that I could do it on my own, but she knew better.

Once I had put on the simple, ankle length dress Mor helped me walk down the stairs and into the dining room.

"Hello Odette," Feyre said with a smile.

"Hi," I replied as I sat.

"Mum, I'm back!" A male yelled from somewhere.

I saw Feyre roll her eyes.

"You don't need to yell Nyx, now we have guests so go and change before coming in here," she called back.

I heard grumbling from the hall outside, but I didn't pay attention to the words.

"Some of the faebane would have dissolved into your blood, it should go within a few days but until that happens, I'm afraid you will be a little sore, and unable to shift" Rhys said.

My stomach dropped.

"I'm used to it," I told him.

"That isn't a good thing," Feyre said with a frown.

"I should go back to spring, me being here could start a war that really isn't needed, and you don't need any more of my father's hate," I said as I stood.

"You can't go back; you aren't safe there!" Mor exclaimed.

"I don't think I have ever been safe, thank you for saving me though, you get a bad rap in Spring, but you are really nice," I said with a small smile before shifting into a hawk and flying out of the window, I knew I could shift the second I heard the wind.

I knew I should have stayed but I couldn't bring my misfortune to them, they didn't deserve it. I knew that my father had slowly been building back his army in secret.