𝟓

˚ ༘𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝟑~!˚ ༘✶

kate gasped as her sight was returned

kate gasped as her sight was returned. she saw the woods in front of her, just how she was, what felt like a week, before.

the things she'd seen were horrible. she saw things in lizzie's body, as well as y/n's. at least, that century's y/n, not hers.

she'd seen y/n find out about solomon, and still marry him. not like she had a choice. her lover was hanged for witchcraft. she was lucky she wasn't.

y/n and hannah had lived the rest of their lives feeling alone and incomplete, with 'good' men. that's just not what they wanted.

kate looked to deena, who's eyes were blown wide as well. they ran out of the woods to see josh and simon outside of the car, standing on the road, talking to sheriff goode.

quickly, deena grabbed her brother's hand and kate grabbed simon's, dragging them into the woods.

"josh, simon, you're friends are sick!" nick calls out with fake worry, following the frantic teens into the trees.

"what the hell?" josh sneers through his teeth.

"it's him," deena whispers, her voice shaky.

kate couldn't stop holding her neck, she felt all of lizzie's pain.

"what?" simon asks worriedly, inspecting kate for bruises.

"goode is evil," kate rasps, watching josh and simon's faces turn to confusion and fear.

"josh? simon?" the four hear nick call, squeezing tighter together, after all, trees can only hide so much,

"deena and kate are very confused."

"his dad, his grandpa, and his great grandpa!"

"they're clearly shuddering from some kind of a-a breakdown! she needs help."

"josh, simon?" nick calls once more.

"goode. is. evil," deena repeats.

deena takes off her shoes, placing them together to mimic her feet before they took off towards the cars, looking behind them to see nick taking the bait.

they pile into the police car, deena and josh in the front, simon and kate in the back.

"we were back in time, i was sarah, and i-i think kate was lizzie," deena starts, kate nodding her head in confirmation,

"sarah was innocent, so was lizzie."

"lizzie? who's lizzie?" simon asks,

"she was hanged as well, just not as popular as sarah is," josh says quickly, motioning for deena to continue.

"she isn't turning people into shadyside killers. she wasn't a witch!" kate exclaims, watching as josh shook his head.

"we have a 5150 in possession of car 961," a feminine voice sounds through the car, "suspects are on their way."

"josh, simon! listen, solomon goode — who?" josh and simon scream in unison, interrupting deena.

"nick goode's pilgrim ancestor!" kate screams.

"he made a deal with the devil, then framed sarah to cover his own puritan ass," deena explains, leaving josh and simon in disbelief.

"deena!" josh shouts as the green light in front of them goes red, causing deena to speed past it.

"the goodes, they're trading us! people from shadyside," kate says, breathing in and out rapidly,

"goode gives a name to the devil, the devil takes over that person. then that person kills, and murders, and the devil feeds on the blood of dead shadysiders."

"and goode gets whatever he wants," kate finishes.

"he becomes sheriff. his brother becomes mayor. all of sunnyvale gets better, and better."

"and shadyside doesn't," josh concludes,

"and the goodes do it over, and over. again, and again?" simon questions, kate nodding in return.

"one goode from every generation passing down the evil," deena says, doing her best to keep her main focus on noit wrecking the car,

"solomon, solomon's son. firstborn to firstborn, right to today, right to sheriff nick goode."

"s-so, sarah fier—"

"he framed her!" kate cuts simon off, "she's the only one who's ever figured out the truth."

"until us," deena says, josh and simon's faces going fearful.

"and the killers came after us to keep us from uncovering it," josh breathes out, the puzzle pieces falling into place in he and simon's heads.

"yes, to protect goode's deal with the devil," deena says, looking to josh with anger plastered on her face.

"b-but.." simon trails off, "i-if the killers were after us before, n-now that we know the truth, now that we know about goode's deal.. what happens now?"

simon gets a pitied look from kate, josh getting one from deena as well as they all knew what was going to happen.

they were going to have to fight again, but this time, they may not all be so lucky.