𝟏𝟎

˚ ༘✶ 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐋~!⋆。˚

i sat in the back of the ambulance, putting on a headlight kate gave me

"i can't believe you're wearing that," deena tells us, tossing hers to the side.

"i can't believe you're above wearing it when we're in the middle of the woods with a bunch of dead maniacs after us!" kate retorts, grabbing my hand and holding it as we follow the rest to sarah fier's grave.

"okay, so i fell out, here," sam says, getting on her hands and knees.

"i was crawling, my nose was bleeding, and — i feel something," she says, her hand going down a hole.

"that doesn't explain why they're dead set on my sister too!" simon whisper shouts.

"didn't you knock her into sam?" josh asks.

"yeah, then i cut myself on something, and i rubbed the blood on the moss. where sam's hand is," i further explain.

after a few seconds of sam rummaging in the hole, she pulls out some chains.

"chains?" kate asks, her, simon, and i kneeling down next to sam.

"oh, that's not just chains," simon looks down, pulling up a skull.

"oh god," i mutter, looking at it in disgust.

josh starts to feel around, pulling up a lock with words carved into it.

"it's her. it's her grave."

"oh, no, no, no, no, this is bad," simon gets up, backing away.

"shit. no wonder she's after us, we disturbed her grave," i curse, kate grabbing me and pulling me up.

"and now she's sending her henchmen after us," josh finishes, looking at me and sam with worry.

"henchmen? as in all those sickos are coming after us?" kate asks, pulling me into her hold. as if her grip would keep me safe.

i wish.

it was silent for a minute after, as josh didn't know what to say. until we heard a sound of a twig breaking, looking to the woods cautiously.

"did you hear that?" josh rhetorically asks, getting up and walking towards the woods.

kate looks at me with worry, cupping my face.