9. Another encounter, but this time, with magic?

Athanasia spotted something speed past her, as she abruptly ran to chase after it, leaving an unfocused Karma behind. Soon he regained his senses as he smirked and followed after her.

"Here, come on~ I won't hurt you..." Athanasia said to the adorable pup?, while spreading out her hands in a hugging manner.

The little thing, looked at her for a moment and then turned away, running towards the opposite direction as if it was searching for something.

"Hey, wait!" Athanasia ran behind it.

A few bushes past, she spotted something black.

"Found you!" She pounced on it, afraid that it would run away.

"Argh." An irritated voice sounded.

Eh!? The beast can transform?

"Tch, annoying. Who woke me up?" The man said, his ruby eyes were showing full irritation as he yanked his black locks from the princess' hands.

"Raven? You can transform?! Wow!" Athanasia exclaimed, completely ignoring the pretty boy's words.

"Raven..? What the.... Ah..you're talking about this?" He grabbed the little thing which laid beside him. "It was trying to wake me up. And then, there was you." He said boredly.

"Ah, then, is that little beast yours, big brother?" She asked, trying to act cute.

The man showed an incredulous look as he responded a beat late.

"....what are you talking about? It's yours." He said.

"Mine? But-"

"It's a mana beast, a divine beast. Don't tell me nobody told you about it. Judging from your jeweled eyes, you must be a royal. What, the education lacks so much after all these years?" He spoke in a ridiculing tone.

"Eh- what? Beast?" She asked in a confused tone.

"It's a part of your mana. When you grow up, the beast will turn into mana and get absorbed into you." He said.

Athanasia was surprised, "Does that mean I can be a great magician too?!" She squealed in excitement.

"Hmm...with the amount of mana this beast has, yeah, it's possible." He smirked.

"I see, thank you big brother-" she reached out to take the beast but it was yanked away.

"If only, I didn't find it."

"Huh?"

"I mean, I'm currently low on mana and this here, has the purest quality of royal mana I've ever seen, so, isn't it obvious that I'll take it since I found it?" He smirked while explaining, which was confusing even to himself.

Why am I even explaining this to a kid like her?

"Well then, I'll be on my way." He said preparing to teleport when he felt his robe being tugged.

"Big brother! Didn't you say this was mine!? Wait, are you a magician too? Can you do cool tricks too?" Athanasia asked.

The man sighed, irritated, as he snapped his fingers.

Beautiful bubbles surrounded the area as Athanasia looked amazed. She tried to pop those bubbles, but as time went by,she found it hard to breath. She felt as if she was being choked.

"Ugh..."

*Plop*

Something dropped, and without a doubt, it was the beast and the mood. The bubbles had disappeared too.