Chapter 2

This is probably going to be another short chapter. I promise as the story goes on the chapters will get longer! Thanks to everyone who is reading this c:

Okay I understand I probably got some of the families descriptions wrong. I looked these things up on google and well you know you can't always trust what you find on the internet...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car ride was uneventful.

Katrina paid attention to the road, while I had my headphones in listening to my music, as I watched the scenery go by as we drove.

At 11:20 in the morning, the airport was hectic.

Everyone was rushing to their destinations while advertisers desperately tried to sell you some random, bizarre thing. It mainly consisted of abnormal animal parts or things that were most likely illegal to use in America. I shiver at the images that were going through my head.

The only plus that has happened so far was that it was so loud, I couldn't hear Katrina complain about everything.

I got on the plane and quickly found my seat and put my bag in the cabinet above me. As I sit down a old man sits next to me and starts to tell me about his grandchildren. I just nod.

Once we've began flying I took my iPod out of my pocket and started to play cut the rope . I have to admit, I am addicted to it.

I've probably been playing cut the rope for at least two hours before I felt my eyes begin to droop.

I exit out of the game and plug in my headphones. I press play on my music and slowly drift into slumber.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Please prepare for landing," a unfamiliar voice said. I open my eyes to see that I'm on the plane still. I mentally slap my self.

Where else would I be? I think to myself. It's not like the airplane has a service that will carry you to your new destination. That would be nice though..

When landed, I stood up and took my bag out of the cabinet and strung it over my shoulders.

Once off the plane, I headed over to the conveyer belt and got the rest of my luggage.

I dart my eyes around aimlessly, trying to find Mrs. Cox. Near an advertisement stand, I see a woman with long, wavy dark brown hair, with sunglasses resting on top of her head, holding up a sign. I squint to get a better view of the sign and sure enough, in big letters it says, Makenna Davis.

"Mrs. Cox!" I shouted, speed walking towards her, hoping she could hear me over the noise level here. She looks up and meets my gaze. "Hello darling! You must be Makenna, and please? call me Anne." She exclaims. "My husband, Robin, is waiting outside for us in the cab. Do you want me to help you out with your luggage dear?" "Yes please!" I say, handing her over one of my suitcases.

We walk out of the airport, and headed towards a slightly chubby man, with brown short hair leaning against a jet black Porsche, who I am assuming is Robin.

"Robin hun, can you take Makenna's bags and put them in the boot?" Anne asks. "Of course," he says, pecking her on the cheek before taking my bags from both our hands and put them in what they call 'the boot'.

When Robin was done, we all filled into the car and sped off to my new home for a year.

"Hey, uh Anne, How long is this car ride going to last?" I question. "Holmes Chapel is about 2 hours away from London." She answers. I nod my head in response.

About 10 minutes of complete silence has gone by until Robin clears his throat, "Tell us a little about yourself, Makenna.

"There's not much to tell," I chuckle. "Well, as you probably know already, my name is Makenna Davis. I'm 16, going to be 17 on September 27th I'm an only child. I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In my free time I like to play volleyball or do gymnastics. I also love acting. And yeah, that's about it." I say.

"What about music?" Anne asks, "What artists do you listen to?" "I listen to a lil' bit of everything, but mainly pop. I like Tyga, Hunter Hayes, Ed Sheeran, and One Direction." I answer.

This goes on for most of the car ride, Anne or Robin asking me a question and then I answer it. I've also learned quiet a bit about them. Like how Anne was first married to a guy named Des and that they had two kids together named Gemma and Harold. Gemma was 24, while Harold was 18. I chuckled at the boys name.

What kind of name was Harold? It sounds like one of those stereotypical nerd names.

My train of thoughts are interrupted by a vibration in my pocket. I pull out my phone to see I have a new text message.

From Dad:

Hey kiddo! Sorry about not driving you up to the airport, I'll promise I'll make it up for you

How the heck is he suppose to make it up to me if we're in two different continents?

I simply reply with an 'okay' and slip my phone back into my pocket.

"Makenna babe, we're here" Anne says. I look out the window to see my new house. I drop my jaw in shock. This house is humongous!

"This is your house?" I ask, still in shock. "Yup! Come on out of the car so we can show you the inside!" Robin says enthusiastically, getting out of the car and taking my bags out of the back.

I step out of the car and shiver as the cool, August night air hits me.

Hopefully during the day it's warmer out here.

We enter the house and I take a look around my surroundings. It's astounding!

"Where's Harold and Gemma?" I ask.

"Gemma and Harold aren't here, Gemma's at work and Harold is hanging out with the lads. Come on, I'm sure you're knackered, I'll show you to you're room," Robin says, motioning for me to follow him up the stairs.

"When you wake up I'll have one of the kids give you a tour of the house. Well, here's your room" he said turning into a room and flicking on the lights.

The room was much bigger than the one at home. It had lilac painted walls and wood flooring. In the middle of the room was a king sized bed, with pillows and a blanket, all different shades of purple. Next to my bed, was a beige-coloured dresser. By the door, was a plain, mahogany desk with an office-like chair in front of it. In the far right hand corner, there was a door which I'm guessing leads to a bathroom.

Robin set my things at the bottom of my bed and walked towards the door. " I'll leave you to let you get ready for bed."

"Thanks Robin, night!" I say, unzipping my bag and taking out pajamas to put on. "Night" he replies, shutting the door. I quickly change into my pajamas and turn off my lights. I jump into bed and pull the covers over me. As soon as my head hits the pillows, I'm out like a light.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2's finally done c: next chapter will be more interesting I promise!

Can I at least get 2 votes on this chapter? That be great!

Shoutout to @DarkTurnsToLightx for the cover, @cheshirebadgirl for also making a cover (on side) & of course @AstrapiEkrixi for being my editor c:

Also, I love reading other 1D fanfics! If you want me to read any just comment the name && author!!

Another thing, I'm looking for someone to make me a book trailer! If interested inbox me c:

Kik/Instagram/Twitter:

blondie5437

Comment, Fan, Vote!

Please && Thank You,

-Blondiexx