Chapter 1

Hey everyone, Blondie here! So.. This is my first book I've ever written. So sorry in advance if this sucks major balls. Haha anyways hope you enjoy it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Makenna Davis get your ass down here, now!" That, would be the unpleasant sound of Katrina, my step-mother yelling at me from downstairs.

"Five more minutes," I groan, pulling my pillow over my head, desperately trying to drown out her squeaky voice. She sounds like a freaking mouse, I don't get how my father puts up with that voice.

"Fine, but if you miss your plane it's not my fault!" She squeaked.

What the hell is she talking about? What plane? I jolt out of bed as realization sinks in.

Today is the day I'm leaving for England.

I turn to face the clock on my dresser to see that it reads 10:50. Great. I only get 45 minutes to get ready and board my plane.

"Why the hell didn't you wake me up earlier!" I yell, running down the stairs. "I thought you wanted some more beauty sleep," her smirk evident in her voice.

I swear, it's people like her that make me wish that killing was legal.

"Of course you did," I say sourly.

I walk into the kitchen to see her sitting at the table, eating a plateful of eggs and bacon. "Did you make any for me?" I question. "Yeah, I actually did" she exclaims. "Really!?" I say looking around the kitchen, franticly trying to find where the food is. When I can't find it I look at her in confusion.

"You really think I would make you food?" She scowls as she takes a bite out of a strip of bacon. Her dark brown eyes boring into my gray ones as she does so. "Why would I do that for a peasant like you?" She says while flipping her jet black hair over her left shoulder

I guess she does have a good point. We never have gotten along, so why should I have suspected her to do something that benefited me? I roll my eyes at my stupidness.

I walk over to the counter and get two pieces of bread out and put them into the toaster. As I wait for the toast to be done I go over to the refrigerator to get the jam and cranberry juice out. I close the door of the fridge with my foot as I heard the toaster pop. I pour myself a cup of juice and grab my toast out of the toaster. When I was done preparing my meal I sat down at the table and started to demolish my food.

I finished my food off with a loud, obnoxious burp.

Yeah, I'm not exactly what people call lady like. "I hope Anne doesn't mind taking care of a filthy dog like you," Katrina snorts from across the table.

Anne is the hostess of my staying time in England. With that remark of hers, I turn on my heels and jog up my stairs trying not to waste any of my time bickering with her.

I slam the bathroom door shut and began to brush my not so white teeth. Darn you coffee.

Once done, I headed over to my bedroom and started to put on my outfit I laid out last night, which consisted of a pink columbia and black athletic shorts and pulled my dark dirty blonde hair back into a high pony-tail, pulling it away from my pasty white face. I hope it's warmer in England than it is here in Wisconsin so I can at least not look like I'm freaking albino.

I take a glance in the mirror to take in my appearance. Well, I've looked worse.

I grabbed my iPod and Android off my duvet and shoved them into my Columbia pockets. I picked up my suitcase and my over-the-shoulder bag I'm using as my carry on and headed down stairs.

"Do you know where my dad is Katrina? He said he was going to be driving to the airport!" I ask, trying to find where my dad could be. "Plans changed, I have to drive you there," she scowls, obviously not happy with the arrangements.

"Why isn't my dad driving me?" I ask.

"He got called in to work early this morning."

"Of course he did," I mumble. This happens about twice a week. Him getting called in and leaving Katrina to take me to wherever I had to be for that day. What else do you suspect for a paramedic? It just has to be today of all days that he has to be called in. Couldn't they call in a different paramedic? I grunt out of annoyance of this situation.

"Whatever lets leave now," I say as I put on my Nike sandals. "You have everything right?" She asks. "Your plane ticket, your passport?"

"Yup! Everything's in my bag!" I exclaim patting my bag. "Now lets go before we miss my plane!"

"Wouldn't want that now would we," she says bitterly, opening the side door leading to the garage and popping the trunk of her Toyota so that I can put my suitcase in. Once I close the trunk, I hop into the passenger seat and buckle myself in. "Let's go."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah so that was the first chapter! Hope you guys liked it!

I probably will be updating this book every week or so. It depends how busy I am!!

Shoutout to @midnightsnowx ! She did my cover & is my first reader. hehe c: Also shoutout to my editor @AstrapiEkrixi ! Without her this story would be shit.

Also...... Follow me on twitter/instagram: blondie5437 or kik me! C:

Please comment & vote!

Please & Thank You,

-Blondiexx