ii. the reunion

⋆☆.* ✧✰ .✦⋆*☆

THE TRANSPORT SHUTTLE was hot and uncomfortable, but quite frankly, that was the last thing on Nova Solo's mind. She couldn't stop thinking about her brother, flashbacks flying through her brain at rapid speed, switching from one to the next to the next in a matter of seconds. Memories flooded in from her childhood, from their training, from the night that he turned to the Dark side and, yes, even from what had just happened down on Jakku.

"Kylo Ren's your brother?" Poe's voice pulled her back to the transport shuttle, where she was reminded of the two Stormtroopers standing on either side of her, gripping her arms with a great deal of force. They had probably seen the lightsaber when it was taken from her and feared what she was capable of; the thought alone nearly made her chuckle.

"What exactly was your plan, running in like that?" she whispered back, only slightly trying to change the topic.

"Well I was hoping they'd take me and clear out so you could alert the General and come up with a proper strategy," he mumbled.
"But clearly that didn't—wait, you didn't answer me. Kylo Ren's your brother?" Clearly he wasn't going to let it go that easily.

"Ben Solo is my brother," she corrected.
"When Ben Solo turned to the Dark side, he became Kylo Ren." Poe opened his mouth to question further, but didn't get a chance.

"Quiet, scum," snapped one of the Troopers holding Nova, and the two friends exchanged a glance.

The flight was short, not that Nova was entirely surprised—they surely had at least one Star Destroyer near Jakku given the number of transports they had brought to the surface. They landed in the hangar, the Troopers pushing their prisoners out and into the open. The young woman looked to her comrade to see him staring around in awe; at least he was having fun, she thought sarcastically.

Overall, it was an impressive ship, there was no denying it; the Rebellion and the New Republic certainly had nothing of that size and structure. She had never seen the inside of one before, but quite frankly, she had never really wanted to. Unlike Poe who was too amazed by ships to care, Nova knew that the only time she'd ever be in a Star Destroyer was if things weren't going well, and, well, she hadn't been wrong, had she?

As the Stormtroopers led them through the corridors, Nova had one thing on her mind and one thing only: an escape plan. Just as she had done in the town, she took in everything she could when observing her surroundings, primarily in search of a way out. It was a long shot, she knew that, and maybe she was looking more out of hope than out of rationality, but that didn't stop her regardless. She couldn't just sit around and wait to be killed (because a rescue would be nearly impossible); her brain had to focus on some glimmer of hope, no matter how small it was. She didn't know what she'd do without it.

They were brought into a small room—surely an interrogation room, from the looks of it—with nothing but two full-body restraint boards standing back to back, tilted just slightly toward each other.

"Move," a Stormtrooper ordered, and the prisoners were shoved rather forcefully towards the restraints. Now rather irritated, Nova and Poe glared at the Troopers as they were each set on the boards, restrains wrapping around their ankles and wrists. Then, they left, leaving the pair alone in the room. All was quiet for a moment, then:

"Hey Solo?"

"Yeah?"

"You good?"