XXXIII

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

-Ride out with me- Aragorn says. Almost immediately, Arya steps forward to stand besides her friend. He sends her a smile as Gimli and Legolas join them. Théoden turns to face Aragorn -Ride out and meet them.

-For death and glory?

-For Rohan. For your people.

-The sun is rising- as Gimli points this out, Arya feel a warmth she had missed and sighs in relief.

Aragorn looks up to the window as the sun rises.

•••••

-Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East- Gandalf had warned.

•••••

-Yes. Yes! The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the deep, one last time.

-Yes!- Gimli climbs up to blow the horn.

-Let this be the hour when we draw swords together- Théoden draws his sword and Arya offers him her cloak for him to clean the blade of his sword. It was an old one anyway.

The old king gave her a thankful smile as he wiped the blood from his blade and stared at the reflective metal.

-Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath. Now for ruin. And the red dawn!- Gimli blows in to the horn and the doors give in -Forð Eorlingas!

The King rides out with Aragorn, Legolas and his men by his side. They fight as Gimli blows the horn over and over again.

The men fight down the causeway into the Uruk army. Before the orcs can advance on them and take advantage of the new weak point, a roar thunders loudly through he battlefield making both sides fall dead silent.
Aragorn stops and looks up. He sees Gandalf on the back of Shadowfax.

-Gandalf- Aragorns sighs in relief. Théoden turns to look up.

-Théoden king stands alone- Èomer rides up alongside Gandalf.

-Not alone- Èomer draws his sword -Rohirrim! To the king!

Gandalf and the Rohirrim charge down a hill to Uruk-hai. Still the Uruk-hai point their spears at them, but are blinded when the sun rises.
Another ear splitting roar sounds closer this time and a magnificent and giant silver dragon descends from the clouds and lands on all four paws making the ground tremble.

His stature rivaled that of Smaug since he had grown through their adventure. He lifts his wings up and breathes out a white-hot stream of fire into the air, charring the bats and other flying creatures of Mordor.

The king of Rohan and his men paled. The orcs looked unsure. Was this their ally?
They got their answer when Arya smiled and opened her mouth letting out the loudest cheer she had ever done.

Théoden and Gamling looked at her as if she had lost her mind as she rushed forward to meet the enemy. Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli shook their heads with smiles before running behind her. Soon, the rest of the men of Rohan followed and both sides met.