Ferris Wheels

"I don't want to get stuck in the waiting line. Let's just pick something that not much people have interest in, then go for ferris wheels at the end." Jin Woo says to Jin Ah as they bicker on the way to the town festival.

"But do you think it'll interest you when other people don't take interest in it?" Jin Ah counters. She really wants to be among the first one to board the ferris wheels.

Jin Woo always amazes with Jin Ah determination. She may look unconcerned most of the time, but when she wants something, nothing can deter her. But this time... he also wants something.

If only he can find Ha Chae Yoon in the sea of people at this festival.

Jin Woo deliberately chose Saturday to visit the festivities to see if Jin Ah would propose another day because she had a tutoring session. But she agreed without hesitation. And it made Jin Woo happy.

Now that he had to share Jin Ah with his brother, even choosing things like this felt like a little victory. Not that they are competing or anything. It just took an adjustment to see Jin Ah having interaction with Tae Gu.

He had to tamp down his growing needs to roll his eyes every time Min Tae Gu nodded at them when they were crossing path in the school hallway. Or when he saw Jin Ah talked to Tae Gu while waiting for him after basketball practice. They talked like they were friends. Tae Gu even took Jin Ah classic eye rolls like it was the best thing that happened to him.

They'd quietly separate themselves when they saw him approach, every time. Tae Gu took his leave with a nod and Jin Ah talked to him like nothing happens.

For Jin Ah, Jin Woo would make an effort to be at least civilized with his brother. And he thought they made progress in Halmoni's food truck. His life was free of bully; that was already a win for him.

Despite their progress, the pair of best friend decided unanimously never to include Tae Gu into their everyday conversation. But Jin Ah knew he would want to know about Chae Yoon. So she paused their agreement yesterday.

"I know we are not supposed to talk about Min Tae Gu. But I thought you'd want to know that they broke up."

"Really?"

"You said you no longer have crush on Ha Chae Yoon." Jin Ah smirked. Jin Woo rolled his eyes.

"How do you know about things like that anyway?" She only shrugged. "I just know."

Jin Ah was always so happy in her corner, minding her own business. So for her to know about things like this, Jin Woo didn't want to know. His mind only focused on the fact of the day.

Min Tae Gu and Ha Chae Yoon broke up about a week ago.

And so, he hopes they will meet Chae Yoon tonight in the festival. "Let's take it before we go home. The sky is better at night too." Jin Woo tries to reason with Jin Ah again. Jin Ah pouts. "Let's just separate then. I'll meet you after my ride." She walks ahead of him.

"Ya, Yoon Jin Ah. Stop there. Alright, alright. Geez, you're something." Jin Woo jogs a little to catch up with Jin Ah. Jin Ah wide smile comes out as her best friend nudges her in the shoulder.

The festival is dope. Although this is annual appearances, the city does a great job in setting up the theme, the arcade games and of course, the live music. For this one thing, at least, The Mayor does a good job.

"Your father is killing it with this festival." Jin Ah smirks annoyingly at Jin Woo. Jin Woo glares at her; she knows he hates it when she teases him about his father. Jin Ah laughs raising her hands in a surrender manner.

"Sorry, sorry. I can't help it. I'd say Min Tae Gu's father then. Haha." She says in mocking. Jin Woo looks around checking in his brother whereabout.