Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Dominions or Lordships.Angelic Lords who regulates the duties of lower angels.The Angels who presides over nations. I am the Angelic Lord of the underworld. Even fallen angels fears my name, shivers at the sight of my swords, trembles at the sound of my voice. I am known for being merciless  even to other angels who breaks the divine law, much more to those creatures way beyond the angels hierarchy.

Yet, these guardians, dares to distort what should have been done 150 years ago. Dares to mess with my memory.

“You cannot destroy the guardians.” Napatingin ako kay Attavtnon at napangiti ako sa kanya.

“Yes, I cannot destroy them, at least not all of them.” I could end their existence, everyone of them but then it would distort the balance of the universe. 

“At isa pa may kailangan pa akong malaman mula sa kanila.”  I returned to my nymph form and was about to leave when Attavtnon spoke.

“Crystal. He is a Seraphim and an Archangel. You cannot destroy him.”  I slowly looked at Attavtnon and smiled at him.

“Baka nakakalimutan mo, he is no longer an Archangel and a Seraph. He’d exchange his divinity for a human.”  I cringed at the memory of his betrayal and anger surged at my heart.

“If you kill him you will destroy yourself.”

“Sa tingin mo, hindi pa nangyari yan? The moment he falls in love with that woman, he destroyed me. There is nothing to destroy.” I gave Attavtnon one look before I orbed out of the lake. Nakarating ako sa center ng Orchidarium where most nymphs gathered enjoying the sun, enjoying the nature, enjoying each others company. Laughters echoed everywhere. What a bunch of happy creatures. I was one of them, one dawn away. I share their laughter, I laugh at their jokes, I embrace their joy.

Nymphs are created like that. Lovers of nature, lovers of light, lovers of creations.

Sino ang mag aakala that amongst them, is a nymph who have the capacity to betray the divinity?

Naglakad ako papunta sa pinakagitna ng Orchidarium where the great hall is situated. Where the elder nymph resides. I tried to return the smile of the other nymphs who greeted me.

I entered the great hall and I saw the elder nymph, looking at the window, watching his people.

“Dryad.” I said silently.

“Crystal…” Hindi nakaligtas sa akin ang pagkagulat sa mga mata niya.

“Nasaan siya?”

“Ano ang sinasabi mo?”

“I know that you know what I’m talking about.”

“I cannot understand you.” Humarap na siya sa akin. I raised up my hand and reveal my swords. Kasabay ng paglabas ng mga espada ko ang pagpalit ng anyo ko. He covered his eyes  kasi nasilaw siya sa pagpapalit ko ng anyo then he kneeled in front of me.

“Perhaps this will remind you.” I said mockingly him.

“Her Lordship!” He said and bowed lower. Naningkit ang mga mata ko sa galit. My hands are itching to end his pathetic existence.

“Who gave you the right to meddle with our affairs?” I said through gritted teeth as I let the tip of my sword touch his bowed head. I saw his body shivered.

“Who gave you the right to alter my memory?  Do you know that I could end your pathetic existence without even blinking, you lowless creature!” My angry voice echoes around the hall. Lalo siyang yumuko na halos nakahalik na siya sa sahig.

“Her Lordship…balance should be maintained. You should not destroy each other.” Sabi niya sa nanginginig na boses. Dapat lang. dapat lang na matakot siya.

“At ikaw ang magdedesisyon sa bagay na yan!?” I shouted and he flinched.

“Every tear that falls off my eyes is your doing. Every pain that I’ve felt is your responsibility because you choose to protect a traitor. Ngayon, kaya mo bang akuin ang responsibilidad na yun Dryad?” I tilted his chin with the tip of my sword for him to look into my eyes but he flinched because creatures like him could not look at us directly. They will be blinded.

“But I’ll give you a chance.  Tell me, where is Lucent?” Mahinang tanong ko sa kanya.

Yumuko siya and his body shook.

“Forgive me Her Lordship. Pero hindi ko po maaring sabihin sa inyo ang katauhan niya.” I closed my eyes tightly and clenched my teeth then I looked at him and laughed.

“You will destroy him and you will destroy yourself, there will be chaos, there will be war amongst nations. Masisira ang mundo.”

Lalo akong tumawa.

“At sa tingin mo, hindi mangyayari yun kapag hindi mo sinabi sa akin kung nasaan siya ngayon? Sa tingin mo magiging payapa pa din ang lahat? Sa tingin mo, hindi ko siya makikita kahit na nakabalot pa siya sa kapangyarihan niyo? I will scorched the earth just to find him!”

“Alam mo kung ano ang gagawin ko sa kanya? I will kill him but before I do that, I will have him witness how I destroy the world. Pero bago ko sisirain ang mundo, ipapakita ko sa kanya ang pagpuksa ko sa lahi niyo. The race who have protected and sheltered him.  I assure you Dryad, your race will be destroyed first.  Ngayon, sabihin mo sa akin kung nasaan si Lucent and I will spare your existence and the existence of your race.” I saw how his shoulders shake as he cries. Naningkit ang mga mata ko.

“Patawarin mo ako…” Hindi ko siya pinatapos.

“Are you ready to sacrifice your life for that Seraph?” I asked through gritted teeth.

“I’m so sorry your Lordship.” I close my eyes before I swiftly strike my sword on his neck. And as his head tumbles on the floor I heard shrieks and shouts from outside as the whole Orchidarium is enveloped by darkness.

Now they knew that their leader is gone.

I watched as a blinding light covered his head and his body before the light finally devoured it and it was gone. Just like a smoke. 

The shouting and the shrieks didn’t cease. The whole Orchidarium is in panic.

But I am only starting.