Chapter 8: Unstable

*HOT DAMN!! I know this is a Peter X Reader, but Don in that picture above is chef's kiss.😩🤌. Ok sorry, now onto the story.*

      B/N is sitting on the sofa as though he's been waiting for me the whole time. The moment he sees me walk in, he casually stands up and walks towards me. I feel his arms wrap around me and he hold me close against him. I feel disgusted in knowing what he's done and stand there awkwardly. "Ah, there you are, darling. I've missed you." He says kissing the top of my head. I pull away and set my keys on the counter. I look at the half empty coffee cup on the counter. I sigh, "Y'know, she always saved me some if I didn't have any that morning." I say glaring at him. "I know." He responds in a bitter tone. Of course he did. "Why did you do it?" I question him trying not to choke on my words as tears prick my eyes once again.
There was a moment of silence, before he mouthed the words, "You better answer that." I turn to the knocking at the door. Bastard... "Come in!" I yell before glaring back at B/N again. He simply shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.
   "Hey kiddo. I heard what happened." Don says as he enters the room. He glances over at B/N and sneers at him before turning his attention back to me. "I just wanted to check on you, see how you were doing." He says. "I-I'm doing...great." I say through gritted teeth. Don raises an eyebrow at me. "My son is one of the cops on the case. They were here earlier to see if they could find anything, but there's nothing hinting to why it happened to her." He says obviously not buying what I just said.
      "So, it's a cold case?" B/N asks stepping closer to my side. "I wasn't fucking talking to you. And no, not yet. They're gonna keep digging around. They better find this prick before I do." Don says angrily. "Bold words from someone who tried to kick her out yesterday." B/N fires back. This was not gonna end well...
      "Listen here you little grub, I might have wanted to kick her out, but I didn't want her to get cut up like a Christmas ham and shoved in a freezer for later! No one in their youth deserves that!" Don yells stepping closer to B/N. "Well, maybe if you weren't so set on kicking her out, she might still be alive!" He says obviously not intimidated.
     "Fucking say that again..." Don says getting even closer. I could tell he was about to snap. Panic sets in, Lucy's gone, and I don't want Don getting hurt, too!
      "Don...can I speak to you privately, please?" I ask stepping forward hoping he'd notice my discomfort with his tone. Don groans before storming out the door, impatiently waiting for me to follow behind him. Once outside the apartment, I close the door behind me and turn towards Don. "Please don't set him off. He's unstable and I don't want to lose you too." I say my eyes dropping to the floor. "Lose me too? Kid, the fuck are you going on about?" He asks. I do my best to keep it together. B/N's threat is still fresh in my mind and I have to be careful. But, I was so close to breaking. "Just don't. Okay?" I tried to choke out, but the words kept getting stuck. "He's unstable. Please. He'll hurt you, too." I whisper hoping that B/N couldn't hear. "...I see. Y/N, we're heading to my office. Now." He says firmly. Before I can say anything, he takes my hand and guides me out of the hallway and down the stairs. Oh shit, I think I just fucked up everything..
      "W-wait, Don! I can't! What about him?" I whisper pointing to my apartment door. "That fucker can wait there while I get my boy and his crew in there." Don says bringing me downstairs. Don doesn't hesitate to force me inside...😏

*Git your mind out of the gutter*

      He looks me dead in the eyes as he stands in the doorway. "You wait here. Lock the door, do not come out or make any calls until I come back. Do not answer the door if anyone comes knocking, and stay hidden if someone busts in." He instructs me. I'm scared for both mine and his safety. "O-okay. Thank you. Please be careful." I say sincerely. Don closes the door firmly. I hear his footsteps as he storms away from the door and down the hall. I lock the doors like Don instructed. Damn, this man had like 6 locks for me to figure out. I step back and decide to turn off all the lights and hide, just in case.
      I hold back my tears. I'm tired of being a pathetic, crying baby. I just had hoped that things were going okay. Don seems like the kind of man who could take B/N if he had to fight him. I kept my fingers crossed. I just wanted this to be over...
      I sit among the clutter and listen to the commotion upstairs. Sure enough, there are footsteps, a few of them, but they never stop moving, as though they're looking around. Suddenly, everything goes quiet. He didn't leave, did he? There's no way it could've been that easy...

What was that?!

      "I told you not to tell anyone." I hear a voice whisper in my ear. Before I can call for help or even process what's happening, I feel B/N's hand grip tightly around my throat. I couldn't make a sound! I try to fight back. Punching, kicking, scratching, lashing out. I'm hurting him, but his grip doesn't loosen one bit as he takes the hits. I can't breathe..
      "It's time to go home, love..." is the last thing I hear before everything goes black.

*Well, it's that time again when I have no idea when the next chapter will come out. I really haven't seen any updates on day 4 from the developer's patreon, so it's probably gonna be awhile until it comes out. So, again, what do y'all want to see? I'm thinking about just doing one shots, facts about the game, and maybe even smut one shots. ;) Lmk your ideas! Anyways, don't forget to upvote, comment, and follow me!