Chapter 1: Creep

*Read the previous chapter before this one to understand*
⚠️TW⚠️
•Self harm
I played with my sweatshirt strings while walking home from work. Again, I got that weird feeling but ignored it. I put in my headphones and closed my eyes while I felt the cool air on my skin.
      I never felt the need for a car or bike as it's a short walk from work to home and usually if I need something like groceries, I would just make Lucy drive her car to get it considering I'm usually the one paying rent for her.
      That was another thing to worry about. Money was tight, and I was barely getting by. There was no way I would get a second job though. My first job already took up my whole schedule.
      I sighed as I opened the apartment door. I quickly looked behind me which had now become a routine. "Jesus, I need a therapist." I mumbled to myself locking the front door.
      Per usual, moans could be heard from Lucy's bedroom. I rolled my eyes and walked into my room. I looked around and got the chills. My window was open...
      I knew it was closed before I left for work, so how could it have come open? I was freaked out, but even more tired. "Fuck that." I said closing it and flopping on my bed.

      The next day I got ready as quick as I could and headed to work.
The day was being slower than normal, so I drifted off into thought, unbeknownst to me there was a man right in front of me. "Ahem." I heard a voice cough out. I looked up to see who decided to interrupt my "meditation" when I saw him.
A tall man shyly smiling at me. There was something unsettling the way he stared at me, but I shrugged it off. "Sorry, uh what can I get you?" I mumbled not leaving his gaze. "Oh, just a chocolate milkshake is fine." He said looking me up and down. I was creeped out, but didn't say anything. I made the milkshake and handed it to him. He gave me his money brushing his fingers up against my hand while doing so. I shuddered, but didn't say anything while taking the money and putting it in the register.
He stayed around for a long time not doing much, except occasional glances towards me. A couple hours later and that creep finally left. I sighed in relief and carried out with the day.
After work, I decided to take a walk. I probably needed the exercise anyways. I ended up in a vacant part of the town park. I sighed and sat down on a bench, plugging in my headphones, and listened to my favorite music.
⚠️TW⚠️
•Self harm
I sighed and put my hands in my sweatshirt pocket looking for my razor. I pulled it out and put it on my skin. I dragged it along my skin making 3 small lines that only bled slightly. The feeling of the sharp, cold metal against my skin released the mental pain only for a couple seconds, but it was worth it. I quickly put it away, and wiped the blood in case someone came. I put my head in my hands and sighed being disappointed with how my life had turned out. I knew feeling sorry for myself was selfish and dumb, but I just needed to sit here and reflect on where I went wrong in my life for a couple seconds.
I suddenly felt the bench shift as someone sat down beside me. Not expecting the person, I jolted up panicked. "Hey, hey it's okay. No need to be jumpy." A man's voice said. I looked to see who the culprit was and was surprised to see it was the creepy man from the diner earlier. Oh fuck, did he see me cut myself? I quickly sat up from the bench ready to start walking away in shame, until he grabbed my hand. "Whoa! Take it easy, it's just me." I looked around confused. I didn't know this man.
      I looked down to see him still holding my hand while he sat. What surprised me even more were how soft and warm this stranger's hands were. He pats the seat next to him signaling me to sit down. Cautiously, I scoot to the end of the bench not knowing what this man's intentions were with me.
      I don't know if it's my social anxiety or the fact that I'm just shy, but for some reason I had a hard time talking to this stranger and my heartbeat refused to go down.
      He smiled at me and scooted closer to me shyly. The entire time his eyes stayed on mine almost like he was trying his best to study my face. "Are you waiting for anyone here?" He asked trying to start up a conversation with me. I shook my head no, still slightly freaked out. "It just seems kind of odd for you to be sitting here, all alone like this, so far away from the jogging track." He said. What the fuck? Was this guy trying to make me uncomfortable? "What's that supposed to mean?" I said frowning finally finding my words. "N-nothing!" He says catching the unease in my voice. He crosses his fingers in between his legs and gives me a warm, awkward smile. "I mean this park is pretty much abandoned. Almost no one comes here anymore." He said. "I just needed some time alone I guess." I mumbled. This had been one of the weirdest situations I've ever been in.
      He starts scooting himself closer almost touching my hand for the second time. "L-look. I know this is sudden. Very sudden. But if you're free tonight, can I have the pleasure in taking you out to dinner?" He asked shyly stumbling over his words. I raised my eyebrow. What was this guy's deal? I've always know I wasn't the stereotypical "attractive" person, but for some reason this dude looked at me like I was the last person alive and we had to repopulate the earth.
      "Uhh, why?" I asked not fully knowing his intentions. "Well, I'm your boyfriend." He said matter of factly. Again, I was weirded out. I had to admit, it had been a long time since I had been on a date...if ever. Y'know what? Fuck it. I'd been depressed and alone for too long. Sure this guy was weird, awkward, and possibly delusional, but the date might not be terrible. I sighed deciding to take the chance. "Sure, we can get dinner." I finally replied looking up at his big, blue eyes. Damn, he had pretty eyes.
      "Really? That's great!" He said excitedly taking my hand again. "I'll see you tonight at 7!" He was about to stand and leave when he realized he was forgetting something. "Oh! I almost forgot, we need a place to meet up. Sorry, I know that sounds absent minded, but I'm just so excited!" He almost yelled. "Umm...how about the old diner you work at? It's nice and quiet." He said, a smile never leaving his face. Jeez, what was with this guy and the place I work at?
      "Uhh, sure." I said shrugging my shoulders. "Great! See ya tonight!" He said leaving while practically skipping away in joy. I couldn't help, but let out a small laugh looking at him leaping away like some love struck idiot.
      The park was quiet once more and my lonliness set in again. It's weird because I didn't notice it before, but the entire time that guy was talking to me, I didn't get that feeling of being watched and as soon as he was gone, it set in again. I almost immediately miss the warmth and love he put out for me. I slapped myself for thinking like a high school girl who just got her first boyfriend. I wiped the dumb smile off my face and started walking towards my apartment to get ready. That feeling that I was being watched never leaving...

*Well, hope you guys liked the first chapter. The chapters will probably be as long as this one was (possibly shorter.) I don't know how many chapters this will be, so don't ask. 💀 This will probably be a slow burn. Again, this story is going to have lots of sensitive topics. There will be smut and I've never written smut before, so it might not be the best, but I'm going to try, y'all. Don't forget to upvote and comment! Byeeee*