Epilogue #3

Third Person

5 Years later- Halloween

Karma's face was smushed against the pillow as she snored softly in her sleep. It was her 30th birthday and little did she know that she was going to wake up to a surprise very soon from the three people who currently had a stronghold on her heart.

Karma twisted and turned as Jesse opened the door to their bedroom widely, holding a tray full of food that their maid, Marta, had prepared. She had been paid an extra $150 in cash by Jesse to pretend that he had been the one to make it.

Opening the door wide, he held it so that the twins could walk in but their giggles were so loud that he was worried they would wake her up so he quickly took one hand off the tray and placed it up to his lips to shush them.

He knew he had to hurry before Gio came to pick them up and take them to school before his early morning basketball practice. He liked taking them to school the days he had practice so he could be late without his coach making him run an extra set of laps around the court.

Neither Jesse nor Karma didn't mind that Gio had been using their kids as long as it meant that they had time to "shower together" if you get the picture in the mornings. And man, was Jesse glad that his practice fell on Karma's birthday.

Jesse closed the door softly with his free hand before putting it back on the tray and walking to Karma's bedside table, moving her book that she had been reading the night before out of the way and laying it down quietly.

Jesse looked down at his five-year-old son and daughter, Karmen and Jacinta, who gazed up at them with their green eyes that they had inherited from him and he told them to softly get on the bed, one of them on either side of their mother.

Jesse had reached over to straighten the collar on Karmen's white uniform shirt and fixing the navy blue tie, knowing that Karma would notice immediately once she woke up.

He then ran around to the other side of the bed where his daughter, Jacinta or 'Bunny' as he famously called her due to how she crinkled her nose when he held her after she had been born, he checked her hair for any kind of flakes that the hair gel he had put on her curly hair and used his hand to smooth out the middle part and wrapped his finger around the curls in her ponytail to make sure it had all been perfect for when Karma woke up.

Usually, Karma was the one who got the twins ready in the morning but Jesse had taken care of everything before she woke up.

Licking his thumb he tried to fix Jacinta's already perfect hair and Jacinta had rolled her eyes, wanting to wake her mother up already and tired of her dad's stalling.

"Daddy, please!" she whispers reaching up to slap his hand out of her hair and he lets out a quiet snort, but backing off like he had wanted her to. He grabs her chin and kisses her cheek multiple times as Jactina giggles covering her mouth trying to keep quiet.

Pulling away from her, he had told motioned for them to wake their mother up however they wanted to as long as it wasn't too loud or anything.

Karmen rubbed his hands together mischievously as he looked at his sister who nodded at him. They both practically jumped towards their mother and attacked her cheeks with kisses.

Jesse watches with a warm smile as he crosses his arms and looks at the three of them. He looks as Karma's eyes flutter open almost immediately and a wide smile is on her lips as she opens her arms wide and grabs both twins in either arm and hugs them closer to her body.

As she holds them close, her eyes meet her husbands who walks over to the bed placing his fist on the bed to steady himself as he leans closer and pecks her lips multiple times