Chapter 2

Sorry that this chapter is so short. I made a promise to update by tonight and was busier that I would have liked, so I had to cut it a bit. I am definatly going to get the rest up tomorrow as Chapter 3. Thank you so much for your patience!!!

***********

Too frightened to move, Evie stood at the base of the stairs. Her eyes locked on the glowing eyes that stood out agains the darkness of the room. She wanted to move, but the shrill noise of a siren kept her from making any kind of movement.

Almost as soon as she froze, she was being grabbed by a hand which pulled her up the stairs. About half way up the stairs, her legs finally decided to get it together, and she ran harder than she ever had before. She ran to the room, then to the closet, where she and Nikki closed the doorway with the panel they stripped away. While Evie held the panel in place, Nikki taped it shut as best as she could.

They sat with their backs against the panel. As soon as Evie caught her breath, she stood.

"What... what was that?" She said carefully. Her whole body was shaking, but she didn't care. Nikki shook her head.

They were silent for what seemed like forever. Evie couldn't stand it anymore.

"Nikki, we have to do something. We can't just let whatever is down there out..."
Evie stopped. Her friend was sitting still, and her face displayed a look of terror that wasn't there before. Evie sat in front of her and gently spoke.
"Hey... Nikki?"

Nikki looked at her, then began to form words that just wouldn't come out.

They sat there for almost a half hour before Evie convinced Nikki that if something down there wanted to harm them, it would have gotten them by now.
By the time they went to sleep, the nightmares of what could have happened were fixed in their minds.