Chapter 248

A/N: Here's the update for today! I was supposed to update this last night but I was so tired so here you go!

Also! I haven't read the new comments yet but I saw one that was correcting something, I guess? I will edit it when I have time so just leave a comment if you find anything wrong! :)) 

Happy reading!

-------- 

So it was a few days ago.

Rulac suddenly visited Yovanes' bedroom without any notice.

"What brings you here?"

Yovanes did not hide his discomfort and asked Rulac.

Those glaring eyes were quite sharp, but Rulac didn't care at all.

With the vapor of poisonous medicine, he looked back at the hazy bedroom with frowning eyes and answered in a calm voice.

"I came to say my last greetings."

"Last greetings?"

"Tomorrow, I plan to hand over the house to my granddaughter. After that, I am not going to set a foot on this Imperial palace other than Your Majesty's funeral. That's the final greeting."

"Funeral?"

Recognizing the implicit meaning of Rulac's words, Yovanes quivered with anger.

"Now, do you mean I'm going to die?"

"It looks like you haven't accepted it yet. That Your Majesty is dying---."

"Lombardi!"

Yovanes screamed as vigorously as he was filled with anger.

But that was all.

"Cough!..Huuk! Ah!"

Yovanes' paroxysmal cough and breathlessness began again.

Rulac, who looked sympathetically at Yovanes, twisting his whole body, tearing his chest apart, handed him a handkerchief from a nearby table.

"Cough!..ack! Gah!"

Eventually, the Palace Doctor, who had been away for a while, jumped back in and took action so that Yovanes could breathe again.

"Haa...ahh.."

Without knowing that saliva flows through his lips that are blue at the end.

Yovanes lay exhausted and buried deep in a pillow.

"How..did you know?"

Yovanes' condition was getting worse day by day.

They brought famous doctors from the Empire to examine him, including the royal court, but all of them shook their heads.

Showing that the poison used by the Empress is so toxic that it is a miracle just to be alive and that it was time to be 'prepared'.

However, Yovanes ventured out his emotions by beating those doctors to the extent that they would not die before throwing them out of the Imperial palace.

'Quacks! Who's dying!?'

Yovanes denied it.

However...

"Your Majesty and I are very different, but we have one thing in common."

Rulac approached Yovanes' side and said.

"We've got a pretty good successor."

"Ha."

Yovanes snorted.