- e i g h t -

Priyamvada smiled, happiness radiating on her face as she bid farewell to her witless guests. The long tiring days were like horrors of her nightmare, and bidding them farewell seemed like the morning sun shining brightly, discarding the darkness of night.

Little did she knew, this peace was like calm before strong. The Kings pf Bharat just needed a reason to fight, and Pataliputra unknowingly became the medium.

Next month, Gunav had attacked Lakshanya, for insulting him. And that was just the beginning.

"Samay aagaya hai, jab humari putriyo ko shikshan ke bhejna hoga." Priyamvada said, her worry clearing audible.
"It is time to send our daughters for education,"

"Kintu Aadrika aur Nayantara kitni choti hai, Dviti toj keval ek maah ki hui hai," Kalika expressed her view.
"But Aadrika and Nayantara are young, even Dviti is just a month old."

"Nahi Bhabhishree, Bharat jis awastha hai, jitna shigrah ye apna gurukul kaal sampan karenge, utna uchit hoga. Aur Dviti, usse hum baad mein bhej denge." The king of Pataliputra spoke.
"No sister-in-law, our world is at war. The sooner they complete their education, the better is for our world. And we shall Dviti later."

The bitterness always existed among them, this time it just rose to surface taking material form. The War was just a medium for those lusty Kings to satisfy their lust of blood.

Mother Earth shed tears of blood, her heart ached every time a soldier was wounded, or died. But what she could do, except pray for the Lord to come herself?

The small Kingdoms were forced to surrender or fight against the bigger ones. The women were of lost Kingdom's were kept as trophy for the winners.
Taxes were imposed bringing the common people's income low to none.
Dams were built, thus giving a pause to rivers to stop the water supply in the next Kingdom.

Huge Kingdoms such as Vinita Nagari, Pataliputra, Ujjain, Pratisthan weren't physically affected but the contagious thoughts were passed here as well.

No one had any idea how long these horrid days would be. 

══✽✦✽══╡✽✦✽╞══✽✦✽══

"Nashika," Rachit sobbed watching his wife being dragged away by the victors of the war.
He was a brahmin, and lived in the small village of Kankpura.

His life seemed perfect, until this day. A huge army suddenly barged in and destroyed every bit of the village.

Nashika, his wife, was a sweet woman, she was a firm believer of God. Unlike other people who blamed the God for all their miseries, she blamed her own Karma.

Her belief only strengthened when she conceived a child after fifteen years of marriage. Her pregnancy was celebrated, and all was fine.
Until this day.

Yesterday morning, she gave birth a child, and the war started. By next day, every woman was dragged out for the soldiers who won. The soldiers, mercilessly disrobed them in public and took them on the hard ground.

Like other women, she took was dragged and her husband could do nothing but watch his wife's assault helplessly.

"Please, she gave birth yesterday," He begged but his words didn't reach anyone but one. "She gave birth yesterday, boy or girl?" The commander of the Army questioned.

And suddenly Rachit cursed himself for saying. If it were a boy, they would take him away. Turning him into their soldier slave. And if were a girl, she would grow up in the harem and be a enjoyment material for men.