- t h r e e -

"Vichar toh kar liya hai Nalini, Suryavanshio ki nayi Maharani hogi Rajkumari Saarika." He said, his voice lacing with hope and faith. His trust in his Saarika was ultimate, he knew if anyone could handle this was her.
"I did. The new Queen of the Solar Dynasty would be Princess Saarika."

Nalini looked at her husband, a few tears in her eyes, "Kaise Maharaj. Rajkumari Saarika ki toh hatya kar di thi aapne." She spoke, her voice hard and her face showing the betrayal she received. Lakshanya knew he had broken her heart, but Saarika was dead? How did he not know? And how in the world did he kill her?
"But how my lord, when you have murdered Rajkumari Saarika."

"Jis din we punah apne ghar, Kalinga gayi tab unke bhrata Maharaj Saarthak ne unka bahishkar kar diya tha. And woh jab aapse madat lene aayi thi, tab aapne bhi uss prastav ko aswikar kiya tha. Uss hi diwas unhone apne aakhir swash li thi." Nalini's tone was rough and harsh, breaking even the stone heart of the King.
"The day she returned back, to Kalinga, her brother, King Saarthak disowned her. And when she came to you for help, you denied her. That day she took her last breath."

Lakshanya looked at his wife, who was as calm as water, now burst out like furious waves of tsunami. Nalini on the other hand wasn't done, "Sambhavata aapko hum Maharani ke yogya nahi lagte, kintu Maharani ke uttardayitva ka tyag nahi karenge hum. Praja humari santan hai, aur hum apni santan ko swayam se pruthak nahi karenge. Ho sakta hai, hum ek patni ke roop mein aapke yogya nahi, toh uss pad ka hum tyag karte hai, kintu iss rayja ki ye mata apni santano ko nahi chodenge."
"You may not see me as a perfect Queen, but I will not abandon my duties as the Queen. My subjects are my children, and I will not give up on them. It is possible that I have failed as a wife, and hence I will give up my post as a wife, but this Kingdom's mother would never leave her children."

Nalini was the definition of calmness, she never raised her voice, be it any situation. Lakshanya saw her roaring like a lioness, he never imagined this reaction from her. But how could she not, for a woman like her with self respect, she would never accept this. No, she wasn't greedy of the Kingdom or wealth, her desire was of truth and justice. Had the King spoke about the reason, discussed it with her, she would have stepped down happily, but the decision was forced on her, unwelcomed.

"Chinta na kare Maharaj, ab hum aapke samaksh nahi aayenge." Nalini left, adored with the jewels of self respect and dignity. She kept her head raised above, like the peak of the mountain. She was the face of all women, and any injustice to her was injustice to all. And she would have had accepted it for her, but not for all those whom she considered as her daughters.
"Worry not my lord, I shall not come in front of you."

Lakshanya fell in deep thoughts. He didn't know why he spoke those words, and like a fool he did not even apologise which would hurt her the most. He wanted to pull her in his embrace, mutter sweet words and win her back, but she was far, and would take a lot more than a few words to win her back, because this time he had lost her trust. He himself didn't know why he spoke to her in this way, he loved her. Seated on the softest cushion, he felt the discomfort he never felt before.

"Pitashree," a young boy ran in like tornado, he looked up at the King and jumped in his lap, "Pita," he giggled playing with his father's garments. "Aadavan" Lakshanya lovingly called his son, caressing his hairs.
"Father"
"Father"
"Aadavan"

The slightest mention of his son bought him happiness, "Pita, aaj maine Bhagwan SuryaNarayan ki stuti sikhi. Kul Guru kehte hai, ki yah stuti ka, Dasrathnandan Ram ne sarvpratham vaachan kiya tha, kintu iske lekhak Saumitra Lakshman the. Aisa kyu?" The curious kid ran to his father after the class immediately, bombing his father with questions.
"Father, I have learnt the prayer of Sun God. The teacher says, this prayer was first sung by Rama, but was written by his brother, Lakshman. Why so?