- f i v e -

Pointers to remember before chapter:

Samprati & Kalika
- King & Queen of Ujjain, Maurya
Aadrika, Natiksha

Siddharth & Priyamvada
- King & Queen of Pataliputra, Maurya
Nayantara, Dviti

Lakshanya & Nalini
- King & Queen of Vinita Nagari, Suryavanshi
Aadavan

Kaushtubh & Vandana
- King & Queen of Pratisthan, Chandravanshi
Kairav, Dhruv

Saarthak & Divija
- King & Queen of Kalinga, Harivanshi
Unknown

══✽✦✽══╡✽✦✽╞══✽✦✽══

The tension between the two major Kings didn't cease, but they did maintain peace and remained calm. Keeping their sons with a number of servants, they made sure that they won't meet the other Prince.

Aadrika had not touched a single grain of food, Siddharth insisted her to eat in the privacy of her chambers but she denied. If she had been announced a punishment, then not fulfilling it would be disgrace to the Mauryas and Ujjain.

Her strong willed decision surprised Siddharth, but what was even more surprising was Nayantara, "Pita, hum bhi Jiji ke saath hi the, Suryavanshi Kumar aur Chandravanshi kumar ke saath, toh humari bhi utni hi bhul thi aur dand bhi wahi hona chahiye na? Aur rahi baat Kheer Puri ki, toh Pataliputra mein aaj aakhri baar thodi ban rahi hau?" Nayantara smiled, she definitely didn't want to miss the delicacies of the grand event, but how would she even eat a morsel when her elder sister would remain hungry?
"Father, even I was playing with the two Princes, so even I'm at fault, equally. So my punishment should also be same? And it isn't like these delicious food items won't be cooled again?"

There was something different about the girls, they weren't different, they were just normal doing normal things differently. Who could have thought that such young kids would think this way?

"Ek UjjainUnnati hai toh dusri PataliputraPraana, MauryaVansh mein jamn lekar inn dono ne is vansh ko dhanya kiya hai."
Priyamvada whispered to Siddharth, Samprati and Kalika.
"One is pride of Ujjain, otherof Pataliputra. Both of them have blessed the Maurya Dynasty by taking birth here."

The three agreed with Priyamvada, and why won't they? Her words were true like like pure honey. "Keval MauryaVansh ko nahi, sampurn praja ko jo Aadrika aur Nayantara ko Rani roop mein praapt karenge." Samprati declared, a satisfied smile rested on his face.
"Not only our family, but also out Kingdoms who shall have Aadrika and Nayantara as their Queens."

"Kintu aaj kabhi kisi rajya ke shaashan kisi stree ne nahi kiya." Kalika voiced out her doubt, how will her daughter do?
"But, there has never been a female ruler."

"Aur ye kaha likha hai ki ho nahi sakti?" Siddharth said, his eyes holding the pride his words couldn't convey.
"And where is it written that it isn't possible?"

Kalika's eyes flared up at his words, sure this was new, but it wasn't wrong. Maybe the bloodied Bharat now required a female monarch. The Kings were ruthless, and Queens? More like Princesses sold for wealth and servants to their husbands. Only a few Kingdoms were left from this, like Vinita Nagari, Pratisthan, Ujjain, Pataliputra, Kalinga, and a few more, which could be counted in fingers.

Aadrika and Nayantara played with their youngest sister, completely unaware of the conversation that took place, at this age, they were too innocent to understand the cruel world and their parents had already decided their fate. They won't have the liberty to build their paths, their parents had paved a road full of thorns, cause their World was at stake. And the world required women to walk down the path of thorns.