Chapter 23

I love you guys. No seriously I do! I love reading your comments and all the things you have to say about this book so thanks for taking the time to do so!:)

_____________________________________________

*John's PoV*

A week. It has been a week since Craig and I had found Avery in bed with another man. And the week that has gone by has been absolute and complete shit.

Craig does nothing but mope around. He hasn't talked to anyone unless its about Avery- most of these talks revolving around the idea that he was dreaming, having a long nightmare because it couldn't be true.

But we usually found him talking to Omegas because they couldn't say anything back that might work him up, so they sat, confused as to why he was crying and cursing.

The pack was in aware of what was going on, however everyone at school had a pretty good idea seeing as Avery and Craig no longer walked together, sat together or kissed.

And Avery. Don't get me fucking started on him. He walked around with his head down a lot. He didn't have a stone expression like he had before but he looked just as miserable as Craig. He zoned out a lot from what a lot of people told me. The teacher would call his name and he would usually be staring off into nothing and as if he was burned, he would flinch and hesitantly ask the teacher to repeat the question.

I've caught him plenty of times watching his mate, and I'd always have to distract Craig before he did something stupid, like break some poor son of bitchs neck that was stanidng too close out of anger.

It was hard to watch. It really was. Everything in me was on my friend, no my brothers side, to support him and try to get his mind off things, but the more I thought about it, the more I got upset because none of it made any sense.

Avery seems naive alright, but he isn't stupid, he wouldn't cheat on someone like Craig but we walked in and there he was all cuddling with that bastard.

The final bell for the day rung and I stood up quickly and looked over at Craig. He stood up slowly, stifly putting his notebook in his bag and heading for the door. Anthony, who was still on Craig's hate list, stood up beside me and watched with a puzzled look on his face.

"What's going on with Craig and Avery?" He asked, still watching the door that Craig had just left through.

I glanced at him, taking in his expression before scoffing.

"None of your damn business," I stated, pulling my bag on my shoulder and also heading for the door. I heard Anthony laugh behind me but he let it go and followed after me.

I was close to turning around to snap at him for following me and trying to put his fat head into things but I stopped myself. Oh yeah that was the only exit from the class room...duh John get with it.

Heading for the locker where Andy was waiting for me, her back was turned to me and her head was looking down, meaning she was playing on her phone.

She was addicted to that game Candy Crunch or Crush, whatever it was called. An evil smile crossed my face and I snuck up behind her and grabbed her in a head lock. Now I'm not abusive or anything, heck no I would never hurt this beauty, but she started this game which included putting me in a head locks, kicking my ass whenever she was behind me or trying to practice her fighting skills on me.