Chapter Four

I ran up the stairs to my room and slammed the door shut. My breathing was out of control. I-It's okay Y/N. Everything is fine. Who am I kidding? IM NOT OKAY!

I slid down the back of the door and sat on the ground sobbing. I almost died. I have to get out of here. Should I go to Michael? No I don't want to disturb him but-

         Knock
               Knock
                       Knock

The door slightly rattled. My heart began to race. He's still mad. He's going to kill me. I really thought-

"Y/N?"
William said softly with his head resting against the door. I tried to stop sniffling but my body wouldn't let me. Just thinking about him made me want to cry again.

"Y/N can I come in?"
William said in a gentle tone.
He's probably just tricking me into thinking I'm safe. "I'm coming in whether you let me or not. You have ten seconds." He's coming in?! I have to hide! I swiftly got up from the floor and ran to my bathroom, quietly closing it behind me. A few seconds later I heard the door creak open. I quieted my breath. "Y/N come out I just want to talk." William said as he stalked around the room looking for me. The sound of his footsteps stopped. Not to be cliché or anything but you would literally be able to hear a pin drop it was so quiet. Then suddenly he started coming towards the bathroom. Shit he finally noticed the door was closed. "Y/N I'm getting impatient. I know you're in there, open up." He gave me a few moments to think. No I'm not stupid. William started to turn the handle. In that moment I realized, I forgot to lock it.

SHIT SHIT SHIT. William pushed the door open but I held it shut. Our forces clashed as the door stuttered open and closed. I could hear Williams grunts as he tried to push the door. Finally it flung open, the sudden force caused me to stumble back to the wall. Just as I regained my balance I glanced up to see Williams figure looming in the doorway. I swear my heart stopped beating for a moment.
He staggered over to me, there was no light so his face was pitch black making me unable read his expression.

"W-William again I-I'm so-"
In one swift movement he wrapped his arms around me and dug his face in my shoulder.
"Y-Y/N please forgive me. I shouldn't have scared you like that. P-Please don't leave."
William whispered sadly. He mumbled the last part. His grip tightened slightly indicating that he really meant it. Although he is drunk so I'm not sure if he really means it. I finally put my arms around his back and hugged him. Williams dark brown hair tickled my cheek. My body started heating up as I realized how close he was. I gently pulled him away. "Y/N I really didn't mean it. I...I snapped, my work has just been stressing me out and you happened to come in at the wrong time-"

I lunged forward and laid my head on his chest.
"William let's talk about this in the morning okay? We both need sleep." He sighed and patted me on the head before leaving.

***

The next morning I woke up to the sound of yelling. I quickly stretched and fixed myself up. I slowly trudged down the stairs, trying to make out what William and Michael were arguing about.

"YOU NEED TO STOP DRINKING SO MUCH! I ALWAYS HAVE TO CLEAN UP YOUR MESSES!"

"JUST SHUT UP MICHAEL! IM NOT IN THE MOOD FOR THIS TODAY!"

"YOU'RE NEVER IN THE MOOD FOR ANYTHING! YOU NEVER MAKE TIME FOR ME!"

I crept to the doorway of the kitchen to see William raise his hand up to hit Michael. "STOP!" I shrieked. William shot his glance over to me and his face relaxed. "Y/N...?" His voice trailed off while slowly pulling his hand back down. Michael turned around to face me. Tears threatened to spill out of his eyes. I walked over to hug Michael. "It's okay Mike cmon." I whispered softly as I stroked his hair to calm him down. I could hear him sniffling, trying not to cry in front of me. Just as we were leaving the room I shot William the death glare. He was dumbfounded.

I sat down on Michaels bed with him as he silently cried into my shoulder while I held him. "It's okay Michael I won't let him touch you."

-Williams POV-

I leaned against the wall next to Michaels room. Y/N seemed to be comforting him. Hearing Michael cry made me feel kinda guilty.  He was right I shouldn't have drank so much...I almost hurt her. I slapped myself. God dammit William pull yourself together. To make things worse when I'm drunk I get either very soft or very aggressive. I can't exactly remember what I said to her but I do remember hugging her. Thinking about it made me feel strange.

-Y/N's POV-

After Michael stopped crying I decided to give him some space and left the room. I slowly closed the door and took a deep breath. I turned to go back down the stairs but I saw William leaning against the wall with his hand covering his face. "What're you doing?" I hissed in a loud whisper so that Michael wouldn't hear.

William removed his hand and jerked his head my way. "What does it look like I'm doing?" He growled. I shot him a glare and stomped past him. His hand reached out and wrapped around my wrist making me twirl back around. "W-what do you want?" I asked him. "What happened between us last night?" He crossed his arms. "Are you kidding me? You seriously don't remember holding a knife to my throat and threatening to kill me?" He looked at me with a concerned expression as he reached his hand out to feel my neck. "W-what're you-" "Again what does it look like I am doing? I'm looking for any marks..." I backed away. "Well clearly there isn't anything so bye." I slid past him and went back downstairs.

So much has happened in under twenty four hours.