chapter lix: yoyogi park

"okay, i'll admit it." kazua contently put her empty bowl down the table. "the donburi was great. where did you learn how to make that?"

mikey grinned proudly, taking her empty bowl to take to the sink with his. "emma taught me. well, it was more like me forcing her to teach me." he chuckled lightly. "it was worth it, though! next time, i'll have you try new dishes i learn."

kazua cleaned the dining table as mikey washed the dishes, humming at the thought of trying more of his cooking. "i'd love to have a taste, then." she smiled to herself. "who knew you'd actually be good at cooking? i clearly remember you burning all the taiyaki you tried making before."

"hey! that was back when we were still young. i didn't have an idea." mikey defended. "besides, it's tricky."

"it's not that hard."

"but it is!"

after cleaning the kitchen, the two went back up in kazua's room to binge-watch as much movies as they could until they fall asleep.

they shared a blanket together, cuddling close with a large bowl of popcorn between them. kazua was attentively watching while eating popcorn at the same time.

whereas, mikey was paying more attention to her than the movie. he missed the feeling of being laidback with her, having nothing to worry about but school the next day.

a pleasant surprise this is for today, and he's not complaining at all.

"sazu?"

"hmm?"

"can i..." mikey pursed his lips, glad that the lights were off to hide his blush. "...kiss you?"

the question came from nowhere.

it surely shocked the latter.

seeing as mikey was being a little awkward with the situation, she decided to take the initiative and carefully turned his face to her direction with a single hand on his chin.

"i thought you'd never ask."

ten days have passed since the kantou incident, and ten days have passed since sada kazua's death.

mikey was still taking some time to process his feelings.

from her death to what happened with izana, it was all too much for him to bear alone.

yet, he still pushed himself to go to yoyogi park after classes, wanting to be surrounded by memories that he created with a certain raven.

dressed in warm clothing and his school uniform, he parked his motorbike by the sidewalk and made his way towards the ginko pathway silently.

the refreshing air kissed his skin like cold lips, dried leaves dancing along the wind carelessly.

he curved along with the dirt road that led to the bridge.

halt!

the wind whistled louder this time, and he swore he felt his heart stop beating for a moment as he stared right at the wooden bridge with wide eyes.

clad in a cream-colored knitted dress with black warmers and a dark brown cardigan, was sada kazua standing before the bridge.

she was happily feeding fish food to the koi residing in the lake, a pleasant smile attached on her face.

"sazu?"

at the call of her name, she turned to her left and found sano manjiro standing a few meters away from her, tears forming at the corner of his eyes.