chapter xxviii: one more time

like when she visited draken. kazua doesn't intend to stay longer than she planned to. she doesn't know where their relationship goes from this, but she plans to follow through her plan with senju.

she can't stay with them any longer, and the only time she does show herself to them will be when they really need her. takemichi is her way of knowing, so that's cleared out.

"you better apologize to that squirt over there." kazua pointed shamelessly at chifuyu whose eyes widened when the attention fell on him. "he called me a crazy bitch 'cuz he's too worried for your ass, you know? must be one hell of a best friend he is to you."

"yeah, i know." baji rolled his eyes, but he knew what she meant by her words. because baji is the only one who used to know of her fighting prowess, he knows how she doesn't let just anyone call her names like crazy bitch and walk away with it unscathed.

a broken leg or two would usually be the end of it, but she held herself back.

"i need to get going." she put the bouquet of flowers in an empty vase on the table, crumpling the wrap to throw in the trash bin. "i have school tomorrow, not like you lot know what that is."

"that's mean, kaz. i'll have you know, i'm the president of a sewing club in my school." mitsuya smirks.

"you're an exception, kashi. you're responsible."

"heh?! you're saying we're not?!"

"hey, i scored a five in the recent exam!"

"i go to school! for the kinako fried bread at the cafeteria, that is."

she couldn't help but roll her eyes. of course, that's what mikey comes to school for. what else should she be expecting?

knock!

knock!

knock!

the door opens, revealing an all too familiar nurse peeking her head inside the room. "oh, i didn't know you're visiting, kazua-chan!"

"kazua-chan?"

the guys all looked at her, wondering how she knows a nurse from this hospital in particular. come to think of it, she was the nurse kazua was talking to at the lobby when baji was rushed in the operating room.

"i don't need to tell you everything in my life, you know?" kazua tightened the knot of her cardigan around her waist. "here to check up on kei?"

"mhm! he's recovering steadily, you know? he should be out of here soon." emi enters the room and closed the door behind her. she looks at the rest of the present people in the room, realizing that these are all the people that she met that day too.

one guy in particular stuck an impression on her.

it was the same blonde that dragged kazua out of the hospital the moment he arrived.

"oh, it's the cutie!" she points at mikey with a wide grin. "you better be grateful that kazua-chan stopped me from killing you. no one drags her away from me without a scratch, you know?"

her grin easily morphed into one of pure evil, and mikey swore he saw horns sprouting at the top of her head.

"i'd pay for a fight, but i really need to go now." kazua caught one of emi's shoulders and diverted her attention from mikey. "please don't kill anyone."

"if it's you, then sure!" emi lightly hugged the girl. "by the way, my gift's at the lobby. suna should give it to you when you pass by."

"you didn't have to get my anything."