5

"W-what?" Yeji blurts out, unsure of what to say.

Ryujin turns around to face Yeji, their faces only a few inches apart. Ryujin slowly touches Yeji's cheeks, caressing it using her thumb.

"I lost my mom while giving birth to me. And because of that, my father blamed me for losing her wife. He couldn't accept it." Ryujin shares and sighs deeply.

Yeji puts her hand over Ryujin's hand to comfort the latter. She was about to say something but Ryujin continues to talk.

"My father abused me. I suffered years of physical and emotional pain at the hand of my father. He beat me, pinched me, or pulled my hair." Ryujin pauses and gulps.

"Until two years ago, that one night, when he slapped me in the face, I reached my limits and I couldn't take it anymore. I.."

Yeji sees a tear flow down Ryujin's cheeks, she's already in the verge of crying.

"I killed him."

"Ryujin.." Yeji cupped the other girl's cheeks.

Ryujin kept on talking, "I stabbed him, but before he passed out, he hit my head with the bottle of Soju. And there.. my eyes are damage."

Yeji is speechless. She couldn't believe how difficult Ryujin's life is. Yeji's brain stops working for some time, thinking the right words to say.

"Ryuddaeng, there is no way you are responsible for the loss of your mother. And.. What you did was a self-defense." Yeji pulls Ryujin closer to her, giving her a comfort hug. The younger girl is crying, but quietly as she buries her head against Yeji's chest.

"I'm sorry, you're hurting so much, Ryu."

Yeji's heart has been pierced by every whimper from Ryujin. The silver-haired girl's throat tightens as she felt Ryujin's suffering. But Yeji is holding back her tears.

Because crying is dangerous for Yeji.

"If my father wasn't such an asshole, I'd be able to see your beautiful face, Yeddeong." Ryujin mumbles against Yeji's chest, "But sadly, i can't."

Yeji raises Ryujin's head to wipe the tears of the latter. They're facing each other again,  "I'll find a way to bring back your eyesight, Ryujin. I'm going to help you."

"But the doctor said no." Ryujin caressed Yeji's cheeks again, feeling the soft skin against her fingertips, "The only option is through the cornea transplant."

"Then let's find a donor for you, Ryuddaeng."

"But it's expensive and finding a donor will take a long time. That's not poss-"

"Sshh.." Yeji places her forefinger on Ryujin's lips, causing the latter to stop talking.

"Money isn't a problem, and my dad has connections, remember?" Yeji's eyes landed on Ryujin's lips as she trails her fingertips against it slowly.

"A-are you really sure about that, Yeddeong?"

"Of course, I am." Yeji says and gulps, not leaving her gaze on Ryujin's lips.

Something in Yeji's heart screams that she truly understands. And it was screaming for her to kiss this girl right here.

Yeji's hand slips from the other girl's cheeks to tangle her fingers into Ryujin's hair. Yeji licks her lips as she leans closer to the younger girl. The beat drumming against her chest becomes more abnormal when she felt Ryujin's hand holding her nape gently. Yeji leans closer and closer, loving the sweet flowery fragrance of Ryujin's scent. Yeji then rubs the tip of her nose with Ryujin's before tilting her face slightly to brush her lips against Ryujin's.

They were about to kiss, but two knocks on the door disturb them, causing Yeji to stood up abruptly and Ryujin pretended like she was sleeping.

The door finally opens, "Hi, it's time for thera-- oh, she's sleeping?" Asks Lia, who's holding a medicine bag and a clipboard.

"I-i'm going to wake her up." Yeji nervously said and plastered a small smile as she fixed her shirt. Damn it, Lia.

"Okay, sure."

It was time for Yeji to go home that day, and the plan of kissing the other girl was a.. failure.

Maybe, tomorrow.

"Hi Chaeryeongie!" Yeji greeted as she plopped herself on her bed, talking to her friend via call.

"Hello, Yeji unnie! Sup?! When will your community service ends? Please be careful, okay? You know that your h--"

"Yes, yes, I know, I know." Yeji chuckles as she shakes her head, "One month to go and I'll be back to university."

"That's good to hear! Why did you call, by the way? Do you need anything?"

Yeji sighs as she stares at the white ceiling of her room, "Your-"

Suddenly, Yeji stops talking and holds her chest when she feels a sharp pain on her chest.

"Yeji unnie, are you okay?"

Yeji groans quietly, not wanting her friend on the phone to hear her.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." Yeji sighs deeply while rubbing her chest, "Y-your mom is an ophthalmologist, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well.. This girl I like.."