Chapter 37: Head on

XYRA

It's been a week since we went and stayed here. Ngayong gabi muli na namang kinausap ni Jeanne ang dark king. I'm always listening to their conversation. Hindi ako nagsasalita dahil hindi ko alam ang eksaktong pinag-uusapan nila. 

"I'm sure that they will go after your queen. Tiyak na susugod sila rito anumang oras. We need to prepare so we won't end up losing," she said. Kumunot ang noo ko sa mga sinasabi niya. She's saying things like she knew what might happen in the future. If they will go after me, they're stupid. They're digging their own grave. Tiyak na hindi sila mananalo sa 'min.

But I noticed something. Pakiramdam ko minamanipula ni Jeanne ang mga desisyon na ginagawa ng dark king. Maybe she has some hidden agenda. Something that is beneficial for her. Or maybe I'm just jealous because she's talking freely to my king. I could feel my jaws tighten. I looked away.

"It's fine. If they're brave enough to face us then it will save me the time and effort. I have to settle things with that guy, anyway. At first I just wanted to play and let other people taste darkness and despair. I thought that seeing humanity's destruction will not bore me. It will be fun if they suffer along with me. But I find something more interesting than that. I don't want to lose it now," he said. Napalingon ako sa kanya dahil sa sinabi niya. He was looking intently at me then smiled a bit. It's odd that my heart started to race. He's affecting me.

When I accidentally looked at Jeanne, I know that she was displeased.

"You're being soft. It might destroy you. I think, having a queen is a bad idea, after all. You shouldn't feel anything. You just have to focus on humanity's destruction," Jeanne said without smiling. I think, she's the coldest among the three of us. At hindi ko nagustuhan ang sinabi niya. She doesn't have the right to command my king.

"You said having a queen is a good idea. It's more exciting. It's your suggestion in the first place. But maybe if I met her before you, I will also choose this path. I will pursue to have her. Now, you don't have to tell me what to do," matalim na wika ng dark king. Halatang hindi niya nagustuhan ang sinabi ni Jeanne. Bahagyang umangat ang sulok ng labi ko.

"I thought that you don't have a heart. That you just want another toy because you lose Elysha. Now, I know where this argument is leading. You will end up losing again like what happened in the past. But I will do anything to change the outcome. Marami na akong naitaya sa labang ito. Marami na rin akong nasayang na oras. I can't afford to lose again," seryoso at makahulugang sabi ni Jeanne. Nabalot ng itim na usok ang katawan ni Jeanne. Unti-unti siyang naglaho. Hindi na niya hinintay ang sasabihin ng dark king.

Nagsalubong ang mga kilay ko. Ano'ng sinasabi niya na matatalo ulit ang dark king katulad nang nangyari noon?

"Did you lose in the past?" takang tanong ko sa kanya.

"No. But she said that she got the chance to know the future," seryosong sagot ng dark king.

Napaisip ako sa sinabi niya. Totoo kaya? Maybe she's just lying. She's making up stories to manipulate the dark king. "Really? She's rude. Should I finish her for you?" I asked wickedly. I sat on his lap and put my hands around his nape. I started to play with his hair.

He grinned. "Don't worry about her. She'll be a big help for us. Mas mapapadali ang laban kung katulong natin siya. If she try to do something against us, that's the time to kill her," he said. Tuso rin siya kagaya ni Jeanne. He's also using others for his own good. Well, that's how we must play to survive in this life. Use the useful and kill the useless.

I grinned. I slowly traced the line of his lips. Inilapit ko ang mukha ko sa kanya. I pressed my lips against his lips and kissed him deeply.

CLAUSS