Chapter 3-Brit

*A/N-So I haven't exactly felt in the writing mood, but I did write this today, hopefully y'all like it! Let me know by voting and commenting! Love y'all xx

This is copyrighted. All Rights Reserved. 

Kate pulled into my driveway at 9:12pm. She was always late, but it was okay this time, because I couldn’t decide on what to wear. I heard the doorbell ring and quickly answered it before my parents could. “Got it!” I called. 

I had explained to them earlier that afternoon that Kate would be picking me up so I could spend the night at her house. My mom looked at me a little suspiciously when I told her, but didn’t ask anymore questions. And my dad was too upset from finding out about David’s cancer to really pick up on anything strange. I felt guilty for lying to them, especially at a time like this, but honestly, I wanted to be a little bit of a rebel. And besides, maybe James and the rest of his crowd would quit picking on me if I went to a party or two.

I answered the door, my eyes widening at Kate’s outfit. She was completely skankified. She were a black halter top that showed a bit of her flat tanned stomach. Her denim shorts rode low on her hips and her butt was practically hanging out of them. Her dark hair was thick and wavy and her makeup was caked on her face. She wore her pointed black cowboy boots, pulling off the slutty look.

But of course I couldn’t tell her that.

“How do I look?” she asked, smiling wide and cocking her hip to the side.

“Great,” I said blankly, trying not to let her see what I really thought.

“Why aren’t you dressed yet?” she asked in disbelief. I looked down at my jeans and t-shirt I had worn to school today.

“I-I can’t decide on what I want to wear,” I replied, feeling like a bug under a microscope as she scrutinized my clothes.

“Oh, honey, you need some help, with your party fashion,” Kate announced a little too loudly.

“Shh, not so loud, my parents are in the living room,” I shushed her as she grabbed my arm and led me to my room.

“Calm your tits, Brit,” Kate scoffed, diving into my closet and throwing out blouses and shorts. After a few minutes she came out with a sheer black top with gold sparkles on the top. She snatched a spaghetti strap tank top out of my drawer and tossed them both to me. “Put these on. Do you have a strapless bra?” Before I could answer she found it, tossing it at me as well. “Oh, and these shorts.” She threw a pair of denim cutoffs that were thankfully not as short as hers. I quickly pulled on the clothes, Kate frowning at my underwear. “Seriously, you still wear that kind of underwear?” she sneered, catching sight of my conservative pink panties. 

I opened my mouth to tell her my mom wouldn’t by me any other kinds and what was wrong with my underwear, but she had already turned around to find me some shoes. Kate had an extremely short attention span and didn’t like to let other people talk unless it was about her.

I had finished putting on my clothes when she pulled out a pair of black sandals. The straps were braided and a bit of gold flecked them, matching my shirt perfectly. I strapped them on and straightened. Kate looked me up and down. “That’s better,” she grinned, “Now let’s go!” 

I grabbed my purse from my table, taking a quick glance at myself in the mirror. My appearance surprised me. My makeup didn’t look half bad and my hair was straightened. The black and gold shirt brought out my tan I had been working on since the weather turned warm.

Satisfied with my appearance, I followed Kate out. I shouted a “Good-bye!” to my parents and shut the door behind me. 

Kate drove us to James’ house which was about fifteen minutes out of town. I had never been to his house, and I never got to see it anyway. Kate pulled down a dirt road and towards a huge field where I could see a glimpse of a fire.