Things are Improving

Hi everyone, please dont shoot me. Let me explain, please.

Audience: what about us, neospysherm? Did you give us an explanation when you left us!!!

Guys, please calm down. I know I failed you, but you have my word I won't disappear again without telling you guys.

Anyway, on to the story!

On Patrol:

Peter was swinging across the city and looking for any potential crimes to stop but subsequently thinking back to the conversation he had this evening with that coffee barista "Ralph Sullivan."

He Remembers how it was nice to talk to someone like Peter, who didt'n talk to him cause he wanted a favor or out of guilt and pity but out of wanting to have a friendly conversation.

"Help!!"

Peter swings in the direction of that sound, finding an old lady being mugged by three goons. Peter jumps in, "leave her alone!!!!"

Peter starts with webbing up the first goon, then dogging incoming attacks from the two goons, somersaulting above the second goon and then at the same time giving a flying kick to the third goon

and finally finishing off the last goon with an uppercut and tying all the goons in a web next to the dumpster.

"Are you ok, ma'am?"

"oh, thank you so much, Spider-Man!

"no problem, ma'am. Do you need me to walk you home?"

"oh no, dear, my apartment is across the street. I was heading there before these awful people attacked me."

"ok, call the police, give them a statement about what happened, then you can go home, ok ma'am."

"ok, thanks again, Spider-Man."

"no need to thank me."

Peter swings away.

The rest of Patrol was relatively uneventful, and Peter was heading back to his apartment when he heard the New J. Jonah Jameson podcast episode.

****

Hello, my amazing and sensible listeners, one of the many questions that I get asked is, after all the times spider-man has saved this city, why can't I trust him and call him a hero and crown him as the rightful protector of New York City.

There are many reasons, but I will give the one major flaw that most people ignore when it comes to spider-man, Jameson said with a sneer.

Do you all remember that cat-dressed jewel thief she called herself (The Black Cat) that was emulating another jewel thief from the 90s (called The Cat) well, she classifies as a criminal, so logically spider-man, the hero. Should bring her to justice, right? Wrong!!!!

Instead of bringing her to justice, he let her continue stealing because she was what some young people would say drop-dead gorgeous and deluding himself into thinking that he could turn her into a hero and what happened in the end.

She stole all the wealth of the maggia, and spider-man got played, as the kids say. Am I supposed to have confidence in this spandex-horned-up menace who will let beautiful women like (Black Cat) or that silvered haired mercenary leader (Silver Sable) commit crimes with no repercussions because he feels lonely and comes up with an excuse, so he doesn't have to send them to jail; what a pathetic excuse of a hero.

End of the Episode

Peter stood on the roof of his apartment stunned cause he knows Jameson's words hold some truth in them, remembering how both black cat and silver sable would mop the floor with his ass in fights cause he would hold back afraid of hurting them, and in Felicia's case he would believe every sob story she told and forgiving her for always lying to him.

Peter went inside his apartment and took a much-needed post-patrol shower, and then he looked in the mirror after getting dressed for bed.

And said, "I will never let anyone take advantage of my kindness, and I won't easily forgive anyone so that they can hurt me again."

Tomorrow, I'll call Jonah and see if I can get a job at his podcast, and hopefully, things will start to become clearer after I get a job.

****

Felicia Hardy was sitting in a fancy restaurant in New York, utterly bored of laying low after helping "her spider" against hammerhead, Spider-Man I miss him.

We could have still been together if he wasn't so pissy about me liking Peter parker, I mean, peter parker is so dull, and vanilla and spider-man is exciting and adventurous; oh well, he's enjoying his plain life with Ms.Plain Mary Jane.

Felicia sits sipping wine until the Television in the restaurant flips to international news, and the news anchor starts talking.

****

Hello, This is Charlotte Rivers reporting the rising civil war in symkaria which is gaining traction internationally to the point that the daily bugle have sent Mary Jane Watson, the reporter that has broken a lot of impactful stories here in New York City in such a short time like her pieces on the maggia activity and covering the devil breath crisis, in conclusion, I believe that Ms. Watson will provide us with detailed reporting on this rising issue, Back to you John in the studio.

****

Well, Well, look at that Ms.Mary Plain is in Symkaria, poor spider he must be lonely, I think I should visit him and it will be just like old times.

****

The Next Morning

beep beep beep!

9:00 am alarm.

Peter wakes up with a new sense of determination and dials J.Jonah Jameson's number.

and after a couple of rings Jameson answers," parker it's been a while since I have heard from you calling to defend your hero about what I said in my latest episode I suppose ?"

Peter takes a deep breath and says " no Jonah that's not why I called you, I was wondering if you had a job opening at your podcast, cause I really need a job and I would appreciate it if you could help me for old time sakes you know?.

" oh?" Jameson's is surprised by peter's request but remembers how he needs a graphic designer for the podcast's website, Jameson's smiles and says " you know what parker I have a got just the job for someone like you, you know about graphic designs for websites and all that crap right?"

Peter Chuckles and says " yeah I do have an idea on the work of a graphic designer"

"Alright then parker come over to my house in Greenwich at 2:00 o'clock and we will discuss further and Jared my assistant will bring over the contract for you to sign and officially start working on the website for the podcast"

Peter's mouth quirks up a tiny bit and answers" alright jonah that sounds good I'll see you at 2:00 then Boss".

Jameson's hums affectionately and says "now I know why I liked you kid you always knew how to show respect, take care kid"

Peter shakes his head and says "yeah you too jonah"

the call ends.

Peter sighs and thinks well hey at least I got a job now and on the plus side I might be able to convince jonah to let me work from home in the future so then my job will not interfere with my mission as spider-man, but that's looking ahead let me try and not be late for my first appointment on the job.