Trying to do some good.

The next morning:

Peter wakes up and starts looking for his phone to see that it's 8:00 am and says," well, it seems like I can head to feast early and try to help out some of the volunteers." Let me just get dressed and brush my teeth. Then I am good to go.

Peter sees a coffee stand near the feast center and is surprised," that's new. I could really go for a cup of coffee." So Peter goes to the coffee stands, and he sees a man with pale white skin and dark raven hair who looks like he is in his early twenties.

"Hey man, what do you want to drink, "says the man behind the coffee stand.

Peter smiles weakly and says, I'll have a black coffee, no sugar, please.

The man smirks and laughs and says," black coffee, really, I never liked the taste of it. It's too bitter, in my opinion.

Peter laughs and says," it's not that bitter plus. I try not to put a lot of sugar in my body or something along those lines."

The man smirks and says," alright, one black coffee  with no sugar coming up."

Peter shakes his head and wonders how today is starting a little different than the past couple of days.

 And then remembers about mary jane leaving for symkaria and waking up late at night dreaming about her. Peter scowls, and his whole mood sours instantly at the memory of black cat.

"Jeez, man, did I take that long?" 

Peter jumps at the sudden voice, then he remembers the man behind the coffee stand and quickly tries to explain himself. " Sorry, I was just thinking about something that happened last night."

" Oh, life troubles, huh? I can tell from that scowl," the man says while looking at peter sympathetically. " we all have him. Just keep your head, and they will pass, trust me."

Peter looks at the man behind the coffee stand and wonders how can a total stranger be so kind and take some time of his day to cheer me up. " thank you for the coffee and advice, and did you just set up shop here recently? I work at Feast, and this is the first time I have seen your stand."

The man behind the stand smirks" nice attempt to switch the subject but to answer your question. I set up shop here about a week ago. A funny story my dad is actually the reason I opened this stand next to feast. He used to go to feast cause he and my mom split after discovering she cheated with his old college friend, and you know how settlements work. So she took almost all of his money which wasn't a lot anyway. My dad works in the shipping business they don't make a lot of money.

 So then he spent all the rest of his money on me to finish high school and so my little brother can still stay in school. But, still, he went broke and headed to feast, and I finished high school and decided to start working, and I got a decent apartment for my little brother and me and my dad."

Peter stood there stunned at how this stranger basically told him such personal things and how the man in front of him looked so relieved at getting that off his chest. Peter wondered if he could do that and be relieved, but he doesn't have anyone who would understand his uniquely  fucked up problems. Finally, Peter decided to speak," I am so sorry, that's horrible. Your father shouldn't have gone through that. You and your little brother shouldn't have experienced it at all."

The man stares at peter, surprised at the sincerity in his peter's voice" thank you, and hey, since I told you my life story, might as well give you my name," the man said while chuckling.

 "My Name's Ralph Sullivan"

Peter extends his hand and says," My Name is Peter Parker."

Ralph raises an eyebrow and shakes peter's hand, and says," parker? You wouldn't be related to may parker, would you?.

Peter's stomach rolls at the mention of Aunt May's name, but he doesn't let ralph see that it affected him one bit. Instead, he answers his question," yes, she (is) was my aunt," Peter answered.

Ralph felt awful like he never felt before, may parker, the woman that his dad never stopped talking about how nice she was and how kind to him, he remembered how sad his dad was when he heard about may parker's death, now ralph is talking to her nephew he gave peter his coffee and then " hey Peter I am so sorry about your aunt, my dad used to tell me a lot of stories about his time at feast and in every story, he always mentions how amazing and positive she was."

Peter needed to control his emotions, so he took his coffee and stared at it to avoid eye contact. Then Peter realized it was time to go to feast, plus he didn't want to have an emotional breakdown in front of a stranger, so he shook hands with Ralph and said:" I'll see you around, ralph. Thank you for the coffee."

Ralph looked at peter like he knew he said maybe too much about his aunt and how he should have realized that it was a touchy subject for peter, but he shook peter's hand and said," yeah, I'll see you around, Peter. I might swing by feast to help you guys out with whatever I can."

Peter gave ralph a thumbs up and headed inside the feast building, and went to the reception. He asked the lady about things he could do to help. She said that the dining room could use a good clean, and the kitchen staff are overwhelmed, so they also need help.

So Peter took a deep breath and headed to the supply closet to get the cleaning supplies, and he headed to the dining room. It was 9:00 am, so there were only a few people there, but when they saw him standing there with cleaning supplies, they headed to the main hall so he could clean in peace. Peter protested that it was okay and that they could stay, but they left.

Peter started moping the floor and wiped the tables, and set breakfast for everyone in the shelter. Eventually, everyone was called to breakfast. They were surprised at how clean the dining room was and that the food was already on the table for them.

Ernie is an older man that has been at feast for a while. He almost made miles quit his first day at feast by making fun of his father's death, but he was brave enough to apologize, and peter forgave him. He approached peter" hey peter, I saw you walking in here with a mop. Wow, you really cleaned this room good huh, I know you have heard this from everyone, but I know your aunt is watching over you with pride".

Peter stared at the older man with tears threatening to burst from his eyes, but he tried to keep his emotions in check and thanked the older man" thanks, Ernie, you don't know how much that means to me."

Ernie explains, "I was only stating the truth, son."

" Enjoy your breakfast Ernie," Peter said with a smile.

Peter then spends the rest of his day at feast on auto-pilot, just passing plates of food to other volunteers and trying to put on a happy face for the people at feast.

Peter then leaves feast and heads out for patrol.

Hey everyone, I know I took so long to write this. I am so sorry life was terrible the past couple of weeks, but I promise to be more active in my updates. Part 3 is coming out soon, and it will feature black cat much more and will start exploring her and peters relationship after hammerhead and all the years of dishonesty between them. Enjoy!