Matsuo Eshiro SS: What a Butler believes

(Again, pretend the image above is Matsuo Eshiro but with brown eyes and without the mustache. We don't have an illustration of him and this was the closest that I believe he would look like. Anyways, enjoy the SS.)

Matsuo Eshiro SS: What a Butler believes

"Is there anything else that you need, Kiyotaka-kun?"

I spoke to my master who was 14 year old Ayanokouji Kiyotaka-kun. I was tasked by my new employer with taking care of this boy for the next year.

"No. I'm good, thank you Matsuo."

I originally thought that Kiyotaka-kun was just a normal 14 year old child, but when I first heard about the White Room from Ayanokouji-sama, I thought it wasn't that good of a place and that he was not a normal child.

My suspicions were further proved when Kiyotaka-kun told me some of the things he had been through.

I never thought a child could go through something so bad, something so horrible that they became someone like Kiyotaka-kun.

When I think about it, I feel my heart break.

I've cared for many different children as a caretaker or a butler and some of them did happen to have rough childhoods. Even me and my own son had to go through a tough time to get to where we were now.

But hearing Kiyotaka-kun's story made all the other children's pasts meaningless.

I made my way out of Kiyotaka-kun's room where he was reading a few books and went downstairs to the lounge room.

There was something I wanted to do. Something I decided after a bit of thinking and research.

I picked up the phone on the desk and called a phone number that I hadn't called in ages. As the phone rang, I hoped that the person who would pick up was still the same person I remember.

I also hoped he would pick up considering his circumstances.

All those worries were put away as the call finally connected and the voice I was waiting for spoke.

"Hello?"

"Sakayanagi-sama. Thank you so much for answering this call."

"Matsuo-san? Is that you? My, it has been quite a while."

Sakayanagi-sama was my previous employer who I worked for. For nearly 17 years, I was tasked with helping to take care of his wife, who was ill, and his daughter. I had gotten pretty close to Sakayanagi-sama and his daughter, Arisu-chan.

In fact, it was thanks to Sakayanagi-sama that I was able to raise Eiichiro-kun after my wife died.

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be where I was today, so I owed my life to Sakayanagi-sama.

"You know, Matsuo, I'm still working at the school and outside contact is meant to be banned. That includes between teachers and even for someone like me in my position."

"Yes, Sakayanagi-sama. I understand that very well. But there's a little emergency that I'm... no well someone is in. I wanted to ask for your help... or more like I would like to ask for a favor."

"A favor?"

Even though he was my previous employer, what I was about to ask him was outright unbelievable. No, it was more like it was unachievable. Impossible even.

But I wanted to hold onto the hope that it could work.

"Sakayanagi-sama. I know that you told me that Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School only accepts a list of students that were already hand picked before the entrance exams and interviews, but I would like to ask for you to enroll a certain boy into your school for me."