27

"Wait, so you were in a correctional facility," Jaxon said as the three of us made our way to my place. "Yeah, I was in one for five years," I said. "Am I ask how you ended up in one?" Rosie asked me. I looked at her and Jaxon. "I was caught stealing food and put in the facility," I said. "This is it," I said as I pointed to the house. "Wait, you live here," Rosie said. I nodded my head. "No, way. We both live on this street." Jaxon said. I stopped walking and looked at the two of them. 

"You two are pulling my leg, aren't you," I said. "Nope, I live right there. In that blue house and Jaxon lives across the road from mine." Rosie said. I smiled and made my way to the main door of the house. 

I knew Blaine wasn't home yet, because his car was not in the driveway. But Jessie's car was in the driveway. I guess I should have know Jessie was going to be here because her job is to be home when I get home and to help whenever Blaine can't. I smiled at my two new friends before I pushed the door open. 

The two of them walked inside before I did. I made sure the door was closed before I walked farther inside of the house. "Annabell, is that you?" Jessie asked me. "Yeah, it is me," I said as I looked at Rosie and Jaxon. 

I was about to walk up the stairs when Jessie walked into the room. "Oh, hey. You two must be Anna's friends. I'm Jessie." Jessie said. Rosie and Jaxon looked at me before looking at Jessie. "Nice to meet you. I'm Rosie, this is Jaxon." Rosie said to Jessie. "Nice to meet you two. Now, are you three hungry? I can get some snacks for you all. Maybe a sandwich or something else." Jessie asked. I looked at my friends. 

They both nodded their heads. "Sure, we would love some," Jaxon said. "Great, you can follow me. I'm sure I can find something for you preteens." Jessie said. 

Rosie and Jaxon smiled as the four of us made our way to the kitchen. Jussie started to look in all the cabinets trying to find something to snack on. I looked at my friends a little embarrassed because I have a nanny, but they seem to be okay with the fact that I have a nanny or someone caring for me. 

"Ah, here we go. Are you three okay with checks mix?" Jessie asked. "Sure, I would love checks mix," Rosie said. "Same," Jaxon said. I looked at the two of them before nodding in agreement. "Me too," I said. 

Jessie grabbed three bags of checks mix before closing the cabinet. She handed each of us a bag as the door opened and closed. I looked towards the front door. I turned to face that way as Blaine walked into the room. "Good afternoon, everyone," Blaine said. He smiled and walked closer to everyone. 

"You two must be Annabell's friends. I'm Blaine, her dad." Blaine said to Rosie and Jaxon. "Nice to meet you, Mr. McDonough. I'm Rosie and this is Jaxon." Rosie introduced. "Please, call me Blaine. It's nice to meet you both as well." Blaine said. 

"Well, I've got some work to do. If you kids need anything, I'll be in my office. Have fun." Blaine said before he walked down the hall and to his office. I looked at my friends before taking a big breath of air. "So, do you guys want to hang out in my room?" I asked them. They both looked at each other before nodding their heads. "Sure, why not," Rosie said. 

I smiled at them all before we walked out of the kitchen and up to my room. I looked at my friends before I walked into my room. "Well, this is it," I said. I took my backpack off and put it down by my desk. Jaxon and Rosie looked around my room. "Cool, you have a breaded dragon," Jaxon said. 

I looked to see Jaxon and Rosie walking over to Marvel's cage. "She's so cute. What's her name?"Rosie asked. "Well, it's a boy and his name is Marvel," I answered. Rosie looked back at me before looking back at Marvel. "Well, hello Marvel," Jaxon said. "You're so cute," Rosie said. I smiled at the two of them. "Can I hold him?" Jaxon asked. "Sure," I said. I walked over to the cage. I opened it before grabbing Marvel. 

Jaxon held his hand out before I put it in his hand. Jaxon carefully held him up to eye level. "He's so cute," Rosie said. "You should've seen when I first got him. He was the size of my thumb. Now he is about the size of my pinkie." I said. 

"Wow, you have a lot of books. Have you read all of them?" Rosie asked as she walked over to my bigger bookshelf that is by my reading chair. "Not all of them. So far I've only read 'Wonder' and at the moment I'm reading 'Out of my mind'. So far all I know is that both of them are about disabilities." I said. Rosie looked over at me and smiled. She then looked back at the books. "This is one of my favorites. I think you'll like it." She said as she pulled one off the shelf. I walked over to her and looked at the book she took off the shelf. 

She's holding 'The giver'. She smiled and put it back on the shelf. "So, what should we do? I'm sure we can watch a movie downstairs, or we can talk." I said I looked over at Jaxon. 

He put Marvel down in his cage before he closed the cage. "We can hang out here. We do say we're friends so we might as well get to know each other better. Maybe play twenty questions." Jaxon said. I looked at him and then at Rosie. "Sure, I don't mind. What do you think AJ?" Rosie asked. "Sure, I think that'll be fun," I said. Rosie and Jaxon smiled at me. 

=================================

"Bye, Rosie. Bye, Jaxon. See you guys around." I said as I waved at my new friends. They both waved at me before they made their way to their houses. I closed the door before walking to the kitchen where Blaine is cooking supper. He had told Jessie to take the night off. "They seem nice," Blaine said as he looked over at me. "Yeah, they are. I just hope the friendship lasts." I said as I walked over to the counter. 

Blaine gave me a small smile before going back to cooking. "Whatcha making?" I asked as I looked at the pot. "Pasta," Blaine answered in a very fake Italian accent. I smile at Blaine before giggling. "What do you not like?" Blaine asked still with the fake accent. I giggled a little more before I sat down at the counter.