1

"Davis." one of the guards said making me look at the door of my cell or room if you will. "Put the cards away, you're getting out." the guard said. I looked at him before I put the deck of cards back into the box. I got up from the floor before shoving the box into my pocket. I walked over to the door since the box of cards is the only thing that I own that was allowed in my room which I like to call my cell. 

The guard opened the door before he walked me out of the building towards the front gate. He opened the door and moved for me to walk past him. I looked at him before I walked into the box that is past that door. 

Once the door was closed, the guard on the other side of the front gate opened that door gets me to the other side of the gated fence. I stepped out of the box. I followed that guard towards a building that is outside of the correctional facility. I walked into that building. On the table is the clothes that I was wearing when I got to the facility. Along with the backpack that has everything that I own inside of it. I walked over to the table. 

"The bathroom is other there. Change out of those clothes and change into the clothes that are on the table." the guard said. I looked at him before I grabbed the clothes that are stacked on the table for me to grab. I walked over to the bathroom. Closing the door, locking me inside. I stripped out of my uniform. I made sure that the deck of cards were in the pants that I will be changing into. I put it in a bin that has other uniforms in it. I then change into the clothes that were the ones that I was wearing when I got to the facility. 

Once I slide my rings onto my pointer finger on my left hand, I looked at my reflection

Once I slide my rings onto my pointer finger on my left hand, I looked at my reflection. Leaving the facility isn't going to be the best thing for me. I tried getting in contact with my social worker, to see who's home I'm going to go and live with....but with my luck, she did not want anyone to be my foster parent. 

She thinks that I am a danger to people who will take me in and or people who are around me. So, no foster parent for me. No foster home for me. Meaning, I have to now go and live on the streets. 

I guess a pickpocketer has to go back to her old ways. Sure, being a pickpocket is fun and all that....but it does not pay well. I sighed as I made sure that the wig that is on my head is covering my whole head. I turned around and unlocked the door. I walked out of the bathroom before walking back to the table. I grabbed my backpack. I looked at the guards before I threw my bag on my back. 

I looked at the guard that is inside the building, before I walked out. I looked at the guards before I started to walk towards the parking lot. The people at the facility don't care that I don't have anyone picking me up or that I don't have a place to stay. They just care that I'm getting out of the facility. They just care that I'm so called 'Better than I was before I got there'. Damnit, this is going to be a long walk back to the main part of the city. 

It's an hour or so drive from the heart of the city. But, it's going to be a lot longer when I have to walk the whole way. When I got to the road, I started to try to hitch hike making it better than having to walk the whole way. 

Every time, a car got close....I held my hand up with my thumb up. Every time the car drove passed me without stopping, I would let my hand fall down to my side. 

I started to hum, trying to make it so there wasn't too much silence. I hate silence. Not the biggest fan of it. I heard the sound of a car driving by. I held my hand up with my thumb. The car drove past me, only to stop a little ways ahead of me. The car was put in park and the driver's door opened. 

The driver climbed out of the car. "Looking for a ride?" the driver asked as he turned around. I let my hand fall to my side as I saw him. He turned around to face me. He has tan skin and pearl white hair. 

I walked closer to the car

I walked closer to the car. "Yeah, I'm going to the heart of Seattle." I answered. "Well, hop on in. That is where my friend and I are heading." he said. I looked at him before I walked to the backseat of his car. I looked at him before I opened the backseat behind the passenger seat. I climbed in, before closing the door. I took my bag off and put it on the floor by my feet. The driver climbed into the car. He closed the door behind him. 

He locked the doors before he started to drive off. I check to make sure that the child locks were off. Which they were, so I relaxed a little bit knowing that if things go sideways with hitch hiking with these men I can just open the door and jump out, no matter how much jumping out would hurt. "So, why are you out here all by yourself?" the driver asked. I looked at him. He looked at me through the review mirror before looking back at the road.

 "And why should I tell you that?" I asked him back. "I mean, you are just a stranger that is driving me to Seattle." I added. 

"Well, you are the one that got into a strangers car." the driver said. "Well, it was that or walk for hours." I defended. "Well, are you going to answer my question?" the driver asked. "If I told you the reason why I was in the middle of nowhere with no one else, then you would leave me at the side of the road." I answered as I looked out of the window. The driver looked back at me before he looked back at the road.

 He looked back at me one last time, almost like he saw something that he wanted to double check to see if he saw something or not.