14

I rubbed my eyes open only to see that I am in a bedroom that I haven't seen before. I yawned before I saw Blaine laying down next to me. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. "Good morning, Annabell." He said. His voice is lower from just waking up. A small smile spread across his face. "How are you feeling?" he asked as he turned to face me better. 

"Good, thanks for asking," I said. "Well, it is my job to ask you how you are feeling and to make sure you are safe," Blaine said. "True," I said. He smiled at me before he sat up. "Why don't you go and get ready for our meeting with the school?" he asked. I hummed before I sat up. I rubbed my eyes again. I threw the sheets off my body before I climbed off the bed. I heard Blaine chuckle as I walked out of the room. I made sure the door was closed before I walked to my room. 

That's when I realized I was in Blaine's room. I rubbed my eyes before walking into my room. I walked right into the bathroom. I made sure the door was closed and locked behind me. I yawned as I started to strip out of the pajamas that I was wearing last night. I put them in the dirty clothes hamper. 

I rubbed my eyes before I walked over to the tub shower. I climbed into the tub before sliding the door close. I turned the water on, I shivered as the cold water hit my skin. I adjusted the water temperature so it was warmer. I relaxed before I started to wash off. 

==========================================================

Once I was dried off, I walked into the closet to find something a little dressy to put on. I slowly pulled on some underwear, then a pair of pants. I'm still slowly waking up so getting dressed is going to be slow. I put a bra on before pulling on a shirt that goes with the jeans that I put on. After I got dressed, I walked into the main part of the bathroom before I grabbed the hairdryer. 

I made sure my hair was dry before I put the dryer away. I then grabbed a hairbrush and a bandana. I made sure my hair had no knots in it before putting my hair up. I used the bandana and braided it into my hair. 

(The bandana is dark grey not red, white, and blue

(The bandana is dark grey not red, white, and blue.)

After I finished putting my hair up, I walked back into the closet. Just in the nick of time too, because I almost forgot to put on shoes. I pulled on socks and pulled on a pair of all-white shoes. I looked over at my jewelry. I took a deep breath before I walked over to the shelf that the jewelry is on. I grabbed a ring before sliding it onto my right middle finger. 

I walked into the bathroom before walking over to the bathroom door

I walked into the bathroom before walking over to the bathroom door. I unlocked the door before I pulled it open. I walked into the main part of my room. I walked over to the bookshelf. I looked over the new books that I got before I grabbed one. 'Wonder' by R.J Palacio. I walked over to my desk where a bookmark is laying on top of it. I grabbed the bookmark before walking out of my room and down the stairs. I opened the cover of the book before I put the bookmark inside. I closed the cover before walking into the kitchen. 

I know Blaine's in there because I can hear a blender. When I got in there, I saw Blaine looking out the window, blending something in the blender. I tilted my head in confusion before I walked over to the counter. 

I put the book on the counter. Blaine looked over at me with a smile on his face. He turned the blender off before grabbing to traveling coffee mugs. "Don't you look nice. I imagine you are ready to go take a test." Blaine said. I groaned, who in their right mind is happy about taking tests. Blaine chuckled at my response. 

"I'll take that as my answer," Blaine said as he started to pour whatever was into the travel mugs. "What is that?" I asked him, wondering what the hell it is. "This is a smoothie. It has strawberry yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, a few pieces of brain, and a few dashes of hot sauce. I know the last two don't sound good with the other stuff that is in the smoothie, but I can tell you....it doesn't taste that bad." he said. I nodded my head as he put covers on the top of both the travel mugs. 

"When do we have to go to the school?" I asked, knowing that I might not be able to read before we have to leave. 

Blaine turned around and looked at the time before turning and looking at me. "Right now," Blaine answered. I shook my head as Blaine grabbed the travel mugs and walked over to me. He handed me one of them before he grabbed his wallet. He put it into his pocket before grabbing his phone. He put his phone into his other pocket before grabbing his keys. 

"Let's head out before we are late," he said. I looked at him before I followed him out of the house, making sure the door was closed and locked behind me. "How far is the school from here?" I asked him as we walked over to his car. "Only a few blocks. It's Seattle's gifted school. So we will see what grade you will have to be in because there is a public school not too far away from here." Blaine answered as he climbed into his car. 

I walked over to the passenger side. I was about to open it when I heard talking from the other side of the street. I looked over at the Larson house. That's when I saw Charlotte, the man who said I look like my so-called birth mom, and my old foster parents. 

All four of them turned and looked towards me. I opened the car and climbed in, not wanting to be in their line of sight. "You okay there, tiny?" Blaine asked after I closed the door. "Yeah, do you remember that lady from the club? The one that was saying she's my mom." I asked as I put my seat belt on. 

"Yeah, I remember. What about her?" Blaine asked. "She's on the Larson's lawn with a man that claims I look like my birth mom. Along with the Larsons." I said. He looked at me before looking back through the review mirror. "Let's just head out before we are late. If they do anything, we will get Julian and Don E to stay with you whenever I'm busy with the club or butcher shop or my other two business." Blaine said before he turned the engine on. 

I nodded in agreement before I opened part of the travel mug. I looked out the window before taking a sip of the smoothie. 

I couldn't help but smile when the flavor hit my tongue. I looked at Blaine before looking out the window. Hopefully this school isn't too bad. Maybe I can have some what of a normal life. Sure I spent most of my life in the facility or in the system, but with Blaine I can at least have some of a normal life. I can go to school, get friends, and maybe get a job. I took another sip of the smoothie as Blaine turned the radio up a little. 

'Bad to the bone' by George Thorogood and the Destroyes is playing. I bobbed my head to the music as I kept on sipping on the smoothie. A smile spread across Blaine's face before he started to sing along with the music. I smiled at him as I watched all the houses pass by.