Part three

Phil P.O.V. 

I brushed my hair and straightened it again to sort it out for PJ's house party. Putting on a dark polo shirt and clean pair of jeans, I approved of my appearance in the mirror before leaving my room to find Dan on the sofa. 

"Ready to go?" He asked me. I smiled and nodded and he got up and stretched giving me a moment to drink in his appearance which I had already done a thousand times today. 

His light blue jeans hugged his legs tightly and were accompanied with a red and black shirt which showed off his skinny frame. His brown hair sat neatly on his head in his usually style, but you could see he had put more effort into it tonight. 

"Come on Dan!" I grabbed his wrist and pulled him when he was in mid-stretch and he lost his balance and fell on the floor, bringing me down with him. He fell on his back and I landed on his chest, laughing. 

"Ow! I hate you Phil, I hate you so much," I laughed and shuffled down a bit to rest my head on his chest so I could hear his heartbeat. I stayed there for a moment before Dan spoke up again. "Phil, what are you doing?" 

"Uhh... you have a comfy chest." 

"Oh shut up! Get off Phil!" 

"And if I don't?" I lifted myself off him slightly so I was hovering above him, my lips only an inch from his so I could feel his sweet breath. I really, really, want to kiss you. I looked at them before smirking at his expression. He looked confused, his eyes constantly looking at mine and then flickering to my lips. His confusion only made me fall for him a hundred times harder. 

After a minute with his thoughts, he slowly but surely closed his eyes and started tilting his head and leant in towards me. My heart was racing, pulsing blood through my veins. I was shocked about what he was doing but I started doing the same, leaning in slowly so he didn't panic. Our lips were touching now, his brushing against mine and then-

RING RING RING. 

Dan flinched and his eyes widened in shock, like he forgot what we were doing. Whoever is ringing Dan, I hate you, I hate you so much. He immediately looked uncomfortable in the position we were in so I got off him and leaned against the wall, crossing my arms and pulling my lips into a line. He sat up and pulled his phone out his pocket. 

"Hello?... yeah yeah, we're on our way... alright, okay... yep, see you in a bit," he hung up and stood up, running a hand through his hair and looking flustered. He smiled at me but I could only give him a forced one-sided one back. He must've seen something in me in my expression because he came over to me and kissed me lightly on the cheek, making my stomach do somersaults again. He wrenched one arm out of its position and linked his hand with mine and I instantly softened at his touch. 

"Let’s go," he dragged me out of the flat and closed the door behind us. He kept hold of my hand as we walked to PJ's in comfortable silence. I lost him almost immediately as we stepped into his house, his figure merging in with the sea of people. 

* * *

Hours later I had spoken to a variety of people. I had drunk, but not too much. I knew Dan would get too hammered to even walk and that I'd have to help him home, and I wasn't a huge alcohol fan, I only used it now and then to help me socialise and talk more to people. I wandered around the house to find Dan and found him sitting on the floor leaning against a radiator with a bottle in his hand. 

"Come on Dan, we need to get home," he staggered as he got up and I put one of his arms around my shoulders and one of my own around his waist to help support him to walk. I ordered a taxi and we said (or slurred, in Dan's case) our goodbyes to PJ and the others before getting into the taxi. 

Getting Dan from the taxi to the flat proved to be a lot harder than I thought it would, and almost 20 minutes later after getting out the taxi, I had unlocked the door. Dan let go of me and stumbled inside and I couldn't help but laugh as he used the wall for support. 

"Phiiiiiiiiiiil?" 

"What is it?" he walked towards me, bloodshot eyes narrowed with curiosity. 

"I like you Phil." 

"I like you too?" I looked at him questioningly. He stood in front of me and interlocked our fingers together. My breathing hitched as his other hand started brushing hair out of my face. I had been waiting for this for as long as I could remember, but I didn't want to take advantage of him because he was drunk, but I didn't want to pull away either.

"Let’s finish what we started."

"What are you-" but I was cut off as he smashed his lips against mine. I reacted immediately, using my free hand to put it around his waist to pull him closer to me. Our lips moved together in sync, there was a hint of lust but there was some innocence in it too. 

He pulled away, his drunken laugh filling the room. He lost his balance again before walking into his room and slamming the door. I stayed silent, watching him go. It took all my willpower to not pull him back towards me and kiss him again. I bit my lip, craving for his warm ones to be up against mine again, but I had to keep reminding myself that he was drunk and that I didn't want to take advantage of him again. 

My head full of confusion, I went to my own room and lay on my bed, not even bothering to get undressed. My thoughts were racing. Why did he kiss me? Does he like me? Did he only do it because he was drunk? Would he have kissed me earlier if we weren't interrupted? What if he's just confused? Drunken words are sober thoughts, a voice in the back of my head whispered.

Feeling dizzy, I listened to music through my earphones on loud volume to try stop myself from thinking, it didn't block them out but it quieten the screaming of the thoughts. I didn't know what he was thinking, but all I did know was that I was in love with my best friend, and it hurt like hell.