Memories

"Okay Evelyn, I have taught you what I can, and I have looked through the documents, none of which say a girl can't enter battleschool, your last problem will be getting Sir Norris to allow in, usually he judges by size but seeing as your a girl and though your tall your not buff. That means that your going to have to prove yourself just like Will and Keren" said Sir Crowley to his daughter. Will and Keren were small boys with amazing hidden strength. "Your going to have to challange a first year and beat him, or at least impress Sir Norris," Sir Barton stressed.

"Father I know, we have been over this several times, no need to repeat it twenty times a day. I know what I'm getting in to Father," Evelyn said evenly. In reality she was very nervous about the whole thing what is Sir Norris said no even if she did beat her opponent, what if she lost. Since she was a girl she would have to be better in everything to prove herself being just avarege is not an option for her or else everyone will underestimate her, well I guess they are going to anyway till she has proven herself in front of them. How would they react, her family kept it a secret from every one. How would Horace react, what would he say. The thought of losing her closest friend and crush was heart breaking. Horace was a tall well built boy of fifteen. He was a second year going into third year battleschool apprentice. Evelyn hung out with him often after she met him four years prier.

Evelyn was was playing hide and seek with Gilligan and Cassandra. Evelyn had decided to hide in a tree near the river. She was running along the river when she slipped. She was to busy trying and failing to regain her balance to scream, she was about to fall in the fast moving river when someone grabbed her hand pulled her up and held her protectively around the waist.
"You ok?"asked a boys voice. His grip loosened and he let go and Evelyn bent down to dust of her legs "Yeah, thanks for catching me"
"No problem, what's your name"
"My name is Evelyn, yours?"
"Horace, nice to meet you"
Evelyn smiled, Horace had to smile as well. Evelyn sat down at the edge of the river and patted the spot next to her. Horace went and sat next to her, and they chatted for a while. And that is how they became friends.

"She's going to pass she's to determined to, and we all know how Evelyn is" said a woman  in a red satin dress. She had long brown hair put into a long braid that reached to the middle of her back. She had gental facial features and the most recognizable bright green eyes.

"Besides father we all know she wants to talk with Horace more and joining battleschool is the only way to do that" said a girl younger than Evelyn. "No I don't " Evelyn screamed at the younger girl. She was a spiting image of her mother with her father's bright blue eyes. Evelyn was the exact opposite she was just like her father but with her mothers eyes. Evelyn was tall and with a slight build and bright blond hair that reached to her shoulder blades usually put up in a ponytail or a braid. Today she is thirteen, old enough to ask to start training at battleschool.
"Maybe more than just talk." Evelyn's mom muttered making Evelyn Humph and her father and sister giggle.

"Ok Evelyn its time to go and meet Sir Norris at the battle school entrance. You ready?" Sir Barton asked his daughter.
"Yes, let's go.  Bye mom, bye Cassandra." Evelyn waved as she left the home she had lived in since she was born. If all went as hoped she would never live their again, she would only be a visitor at the occasional visit to see her mom. If all went as hoped.
"Say hello to Gilligan for me ok, I love you good luck" Evelyn's mom yelled out the window. It was a short ride away from the battleschool, after all knights all live in or very close to the castle, the battleschool was located on the western side of the castle. Evelyn walked to the stables with her father and then went to her horse as her father went to his. Evelyn's horse was white with grey and black speckles from the middle of the back to the back legs, the tail was a mix of grey and white. Her fathers horse was a dark auburn color.
"Ready Evelyn?" Asked he father.
"More than you are" Evelyn replied she then lightly kicked the side of her horse and the well trained animal responded quickly. Over the years Evelyn and her horse had grown close. Evelyn's horse was to be killed because it would not let anyone ride it, and if they managed to get on its back she would just buck them off and she never responded to her given name which then was Spots. Evelyn had wanted a horse and when she saw the beautiful patterns on the horse she wanted it. When she heard that it was going to be executed the next day, she stole it. When they found out that a Knight's child was the one who stole it they went and requested payment for the horse, which Evelyn promptly replied, " no".
The horses original owner was shocked at the girls reply, he was also shocked that the child was only about five or six he thought that it would be a strong teenage boy who stole the horse considering she faught everyone who tried to move her. When he voiced this Evelyn was quick to reply " I didn't know that one as stupid as you who tried to kill such a wonderful horse had the ability to think."
"That wonderful horse, don't not listen to nobody"
" I understand why she wouldn't listen to you your grammer is horrible"
"How did you get her to your house"
"The same way you get a horse to go anywhere, I lead her here. Duh, you are more stupid than I thought."
" look here young lady I-"
" well at least you're sorta polite, calling me young lady like that, ohh you better be carful your wife might think you flirting"
"I don't have a wife"
"You that might be because you shovel horse poop for a living"
"I have servants do that for me"
"So you're not man enough to do your self.... You're a wimp, no wonder you don't have a wife"
"What but I thought you said that I don't have a wife cause I shovel horse poop for a living"
"Yeah well women are complicated, but of course you wouldn't know that being as undesirable as you are."
"What do you mean undesirable"
"Well you're ugly, a wimp, heartless and you make other people do stuff for you."

And this continued for a week, he would say something she would interrupt or insult him or the combination of the two.

Needless to say she got the horse and  a reputation for being stubborn with a sharp mouth.

Evelyn smiled at the memory.
She would hopefully be making some very special memories.