Prolouge

"Father, your home!" screamed a young girl as a man in armor approached down the hall. The young girl was about nine years of age. She had bright blonde hair, big green eyes and a smile as 'bright as the sun' as her father put it, he often bragged of his daughter's beauty and infectious personality. The man was obviously a knight in the castle, he had hair as bright as his daughter's and a smile that was extremely contagious, but his eyes were bright blue, at least when he had his helmet off. He was a man about thirty and underneath the armor was a well build body.

"Hello Evelyn" replied the man, as he hugged her. "Where are Gilligan and Cassandra?"

"Cas is out with Sir Halt and Gill is still at battleschool." Evelyn sighed.
"I hate that they aren't here when they know you will be home, it frustrates me."

"You know Gilligan does not have a choice, right?" Father stated. Gilligan was the middle child he had entered battleschool just a month earlier.
"Yeah, but has he visited you at all this week," Evelyn growled. "They don't care for me as much as you do, they prefer your mother a lot more than me," Father stated. He pulled away form the embrace they had been in. "Let's see what your mother has made us for dinner."

"Father can I be a knight?" Evelyn asked. The question had caught the well trained knight off guard. He did not want to tell the only child that loved him so much that she could not be a knight, not that she didn't have the personality or loyalty that a knight should posses, but simply because she was, well a female.

"Why do you want to be a knight darling?" Father asked rather curious at what his daughter's reply would be. "Because you are father, I want to be just like you!" Evelyn said with her oh so famous smile. "You can't start training till you are thirteen years of age darling," Father knew she would have a tantrum if she knew the real reason why she couldn't be a knight.

"OK, then can I when I'm thirteen?" Evelyn asked. She knew what she wanted to hear and that was 'yes you can darling' and she was not gonna stop till she heard it. "Um, well, I, you can't darling," her father wished that she would have been a boy so he could tell him yes, but sadly that was not the case. "What why can't I?" she was shocked that he said no.

"Because you are not a boy, and girls are not supposed to be a knight." Father tried to explain. "I can do anything a boy could! Father I want to be a knight and if won't help me I'm going to find someone who will!" during this statement she crossed her arms and looked up defiantly and glared into her father's eyes. She didn't really want anyone else to help but she knew what he would say. "Oh alright, but its going to be difficult," Father sighed. "Yay I'm gonna be just like you!" Evelyn shouted in triumph.